PDA

View Full Version : Peg Perego Atlantico vs. Atlantico Trek????

penny31
07-25-2002, 03:53 PM
I am looking at the Peg Perego Atlantico, versus the Peg Perego Atlantico Trek (on the internet). Can anyone tell me the main differences between the 2? Does the Atlantico not have a child tray? I like the fabric look of it better than of the Trek. Any other opinions on them? Also, do you know if you can buy additional car seat bases, if you get the travel system version?
Thanks so MUCH!
Penny and baby girl
edd Nov. 3

mom_2_maddie
07-27-2002, 12:31 PM
I just got my Atlantico. The main differences with the Trek is that it comes with a Child Tray and the hood is UV protected. The color selections are also different. We saw the Trek at Babies R Us but it only came in the yellow and charcol color which we weren't crazy about, so we decided to go with the Atlantico in the traditional blue and white.

You can buy extra car seat bases.

Overall I'm happy with it. I had a question regarding the wheels, seem a little lower quality than the Pliko and other PP strollers. But I think they are just made differently b/c the wheels are larger.

Good luck!

Andrews Mom
07-28-2002, 05:48 PM
We have the Trek and when we were shopping around, a salesman told us it was somewhat of a seasonal difference. The Atlantico comes with a book and seemed more wintery. The Trek has the snack tray and UV hood and seemed more summery. Living in California, we went for the Trek. I also really liked the Urbano color.

mom_2_maddie
07-28-2002, 08:44 PM
"Andrews Mom" had a good point. The boot comes with the Atlantico. This piece zips around the bottom part of the stroller to keep the little one warm.

We live in Chicago, so it will certainly work for us this fall and winter(Brrr!)