PDA

View Full Version : Hip Hammock -- one or two hands free

kjc_bb
07-26-2002, 12:13 PM
kjc: Here's a question for users of the Hip Hammock.
Does it leave you with one or two hands free when in use?
All the pictures on the product show the child being
held with one arm, so I'm not sure. (As you might have guessed, I thinking of purchasing a hip carrier) Thanks!

ameelo
07-26-2002, 06:11 PM
Theoretically, you have two hands free. However, because the baby is in front of your left arm (if you're right handed), you have limited ues of it without knocking into your baby. Your hand is free though and i use it alot to hold stuff etc...just can't really reach without having to reach around the baby. LOL. Does this make sense at all?

But I do tend to have my left arm around my DS most of the time. Its just nice to cuddle without having to hold him. Plus if he starts to feel a little heavy, you push him into you (rather then up) and it relieves the load for a bit and its not that tiring on your arm.

I do love the HH and if you call the owner, Nancie, she will answer any questions you have and some you didn't know you had!

HTH,

Amee

rachelfran
07-26-2002, 08:32 PM
yes - you would have both hands free - you would be able to carry bags in each hand, for instance...

kjc_bb
08-02-2002, 10:37 AM
kjc: thanks for the replies!
i have found them to be very helpful :)
now i'm more inclined to buy the hip hammock.

camommy
08-03-2002, 03:23 PM
WHere can I find the Hip Hammock. I would like more info. Thanks

rachelfran
08-03-2002, 04:08 PM
http://www.hiphammock.com/

lots of info
you can order it from them or from other places as well

Gagesmom
08-04-2002, 01:39 PM
I have one of these and they are awesome. I used it with my son from the time he was about 4 1/2 months even tho he didn't sit up by himself until he was 6 1/2 months. Both hands are free and they are great! Not as hard on the back/shoulders as a front carrier when your baby gets heavier.

rachelfran
08-05-2002, 05:04 PM
only from 4 1/2 - 6 1/2 months? that's such a short time...
my son is now a year and i just used it at the airport... had the carseat in the stroller and baby in the hip hammock and diaper bag on my back - worked great!

Gagesmom
08-05-2002, 07:08 PM
NO! You misread, ha ha! I said he didn't sit up on his own till he was 6 1/2 months, but I used the hip hammock with him from the time he was about 4 1/2 months! He will be 2 years old next month, he weighs 24lbs, and I still use the hip hammock with him! I mentioned the fact that he wasn't sitting up yet when I started using it because a lot of people mistakenly think that your baby has to be able to sit up on his/her own in order to use the hip hammock, but that isn't the case.

rachelfran
08-05-2002, 08:06 PM
thanks for the clarification - sorry! wow - 24 lbs at 2 yrs - mine is 25 lbs at 1 yr! any chance that his growth will stop???!!