PDA

View Full Version : Double Stroller for Big Toddler/Infant -- Aprica Embrace Feedback? & Maclaren Follow-up

rrstern
07-26-2002, 10:50 PM
First, I just spotted the Aprica Tandem Embrace online and it looks less cumbersome and bus-like then the other tandems I've seen by Perego and Graco. Maybe because the back seat looks elevated. Is this true? Does anyone have it? Like it? Have any feedback?

Second, I'm learning more but finding more problems. The Opus Duo is going back to the store (babycatalog.com). I told them that they should pay the return shipping because the seats are too narrow for a toddler, i.e. only 9 inches across the bottom and even narrower at the top! (They refused). I saw the sbs Inglesia. The seats were much wider but the stroller is just huge. About 32 inches across and folds into the size of a small house. Which brings me to another problem. I literally could not lift it off the floor. The Inglesia was 30 pounds. Which makes me think that even if the Mountain Buggy is great and fine as an everyday about-town stroller, I won't be able to lift it and I'm using the stroller primarily for walking around town, in and out of stores and the car. The Aprica is 25 pounds.

Lastly, I called Maclaren. They confirmed that they are re-designing the Twin Traveler to remove or greatly lessen the wings at the shoulders that makes it uncomfortable for bigger babies. The Opus Duo is recommended for newborn twins and is not being re-designed. They also made a Daytripper Duo which is discontinued but still possible to find. Anybody using this stroller and how is the seat and shoulder width?

And, a big thanks to StrollerQueen for her response. I am starting to realize that I'll need a double strolller if I ever leave the house. I agree that it can actually be dangerous to not have a stroller for the toddler during outings.

Rebecca

uccomama
07-27-2002, 10:04 AM
...which I used with a toddler and baby. I used it from when my DD was 2 3/4 to 3 1/2 and my DS was round 6 months to around 14 months. I sold it because I wanted to get a double Kiwi Explorer instead, (http://www.babybuggy.co.nz). I actually regretted it, not because I didn't like the Kiwi Explorer (LOVED IT), but because the Daytripper Duo was a great compact SBS stroller. It was plenty roomy enough for my DD and the recline was sufficient for a 6 month plus old.

I bought mine in the UK in 2000, but I haven't seen one available in the US in ages.

Deborah

zane
07-28-2002, 10:01 AM
My good friend has the daytripper duo for her 4 yr and 1 yr old in NYC & loves it. She bought it at Albee's, it was discontinued and on sale and she loves it I wish i had gotten one when i say them for sale a few months ago, online at a babystore called... something with two women's names, i believe. Let me go see if i can find it again for you. If i don't post back, it means i couldn't find it.
zane