PDA

View Full Version : just had to share...

sntm
07-27-2002, 01:41 PM
saw a family last night at work with three very small kids... one in cheapie umbrella stroller, one in graco stroller with hood (not sure which) and 3-wk old baby wrapped in blanket WEDGED ON TOP OF THE HOOD.

i felt bad for even paying attention to that but i've become so attuned to strollers now. really puts the whole stroller search into perspective.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever

cluelesswonder
07-27-2002, 09:12 PM
YIKES! I hope they weren't _moving_ like that!

I understand that for some families even the cost of another umbrella stroller would break the bank, but then why would you have another kid?

People's stupidity (or desperation?) can be pretty amazing sometimes. . .

momathome
07-28-2002, 09:31 AM
The only thing that urks me more is to see infant carseats FORWARD FACING, or, worse still, people HOLDING their infants in their car. Ughhhh!!!
-Lauren

Kate888
07-29-2002, 01:22 PM
Totally agree!! My husband's friend just told him that their six-month-old won't sit in the car seat. So the mom has to hold the baby in the car. I'm very worried about that!

rachelfran
07-29-2002, 01:25 PM
there was just a story in the paper this weekend about a family with their baby in the front seat - sitting in mom's lap - they were in a car accident and the baby died. Holding a baby is NEVER an option- but, of course, the people who need to know that are probably not on these boards.

kellyotn
07-29-2002, 01:31 PM
Forward them this article. And, hopefully they will see the light.......? Can you IMAGINE your body weight being the thing that crushed your baby?

Plus, what does that even mean "won't sit in the car seat"? He cries? Big deal!! He's 6 months old, its not like he's getting himself out. If they are holding him now, he'll NEVER want to sit in any car seat in the future, he'll be conditioned to cry and get out. They are on a slippery slope.

http://www.newsday.com/news/yahoo/ny-libaby282801699jul28.story?coll=ny%2Dnewsaol%2Dhea dlines

Melanie
07-29-2002, 01:59 PM
...and let's not overlook that they were going to give MILK to a tiny baby...hospitals really ought to give out some sort of basic "Manual" with babies. I remember a nurse saying as I was leaving "and no food before 6 months." That was about it.

Mommy to Jonah