PDA

View Full Version : zooper vs. mountain buggy strollers

Rosamia
07-30-2002, 07:34 PM
Anyone have any info/recommendations regarding zooper twin stroller vs. the mountain buggy urban double stroller? Differences vs. pros/cons. any info would be appreciated! I have a 2 year -old and a newborn on the way in 2 months. I also live in a rather rural area, so will need a stroller with pneumatic wheels. thanks!

hipmaman
07-30-2002, 09:50 PM
Hi,

Congrats on your expectation! On to the stroller business, eh?

Zooper Twin Air is heavy at 43 lbs, 9-10" tyres, no seat divider (might be problem when baby is old enough to grab hair, sippy cup,etc.), weight capacity is 75 lbs, 31" wide (many doors are 30" wide).

MB is 28 lbs for the fixed-wheel model Terrain and 32 lbs for the swivel/fixable-wheel Urban, 12" tyres, seat divider, weight capacity is at least 100 lbs, 28.5" wide for Terrain and 29" wide for Urban (they do fit though doors).

Just with these stats, I would think the Zooper Twin Air is at the disadvantage when comparing to the MB. If you live in the rural area and not taking this stroller indoor often, I suggest the Terrain (it can also be used indoor). But if you will use it indoor often and indoor space is limited, then perhaps the Urban (the swivel wheels help navigating through tight spaces better than fixed-wheel strollers).

Rosamia
08-01-2002, 06:37 AM
Thanks so much for your information! This has helped me a great deal! Now the hard part of actually making the decision.

Rosamia

strollerqueen
08-01-2002, 11:43 AM
FWIW, I have been very happy with my double terrrain mountain buggy. I have posted about it quite a bit. You can do a keyword search under my name--strollerqueen--or mountain buggy-- to read more about it. I'd be happy to answer any more questions. Good luck in your search, and CONGRATS on your latest addition!:)