PDA

View Full Version : Combi Customer Service

ashleyst12
07-31-2002, 04:28 PM
I have a question. My wife and I recieved the Black Diamond 6610 Stroller from Combi. My wife loves the stroller but we have two problems: 1. the front wheels wiggle all over the place like they are going to fall off and 2. we have no reciept because it was a gift 4 mths ago. I called the 1-800 Customer line for Combi and they mentioned that they are going to send out new wheel assemblies. I asked if this problem still exist what should I do. I didn't really get a reply. Anyone have this problem before????? And if so, any advice on what to do?????
Thanks,
Rob

schums
08-01-2002, 11:07 AM
Rob,

The wheel thing is a well known problem with both the 6610 (2001 model) and the 6630 (2002 model). From what I've heard the new wheel assembly should fix the problem with the 6610. If you still have the problem, they'll probably send you a new stroller. But you shouldn't have the problem with the new wheels. Also, you don't need a receipt. Combi stands behind their products.

Sarah

strollerqueen
08-01-2002, 11:39 AM
Combi insisted on a receipt from me, when the handlebar on my Twin Savvy broke. (They also wanted ME to pay to ship it to them.) And it took me a lot of phone calls, letters, aggravation, and headaches to get to that point. The thing that FINALLY made them respond was a note from the FIelds--THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
In a nutshell, they denied the Twin strollers had a problem, and that I must have done something to it--despite the fact that I had only used it 3 times! Of course, later, as the complaints flooded in, as thousands of people had the same problem I did, then they started to respond.
The fold mechanism on my Ultra Savvy has also broken. Which is the point of having a lightweight stroller, being able to fold it up for the car. It has been broken for awhile, but I so dread dealing with them that I was just going to suck up the loss.:-(

kellyotn
08-01-2002, 01:33 PM
I'm don't have the Combi US, but I'm assuming that its a 2001? TONS of people on the PP board have easily had their strollers REPLACED with brand new one (with a different folding mechanism)..... Don't dread it, you've got a new stoller coming to ya! ha ha. It'll maybe slightly make up for the hassle of the twin stoller. :-) I think you have to send them a chunk of the seat material or something once you get the new one is all.

I'm sure someone with firsthand experience will know.....

Kelly

ashleyst12
08-01-2002, 02:11 PM
Sarah,

Thanks for the feedback. I hope the new assemblies work as well. I will keep you posted on what happens.

Rob

suzska
08-02-2002, 06:16 AM
I think they're warranted for a year from the date of purchase (at least that's what my warranty card says), so as long as the stroller isn't more than a year old, you should be okay.

Yes, after you get your replacement stroller, you just have to cut out the seat base (under the cushion) along with the cardboard inside of it (don't understand that part yet) and send it back with the form they send you. Of course you have to pay for the shipping to send that back, but it shouldn't be too much (compared to the price of a "new" stroller, anyway). I got a replacement for my 6600. Now I just have to find an envelope and remember to cut out the seat base....Guess I have a few more days before I have to call them again and get another work order number....

From what I've heard, their customer service has gotten a little better about handling broken stroller issues.