PDA

View Full Version : Inglesina stroller feedback wanted

nycmama
08-02-2002, 09:03 PM
I just saw this new Inglesina called the Zippy at a kids store in NYC. It has the most incredible one-handed fold feature. Does anyone have this stroller or know anything about it? It's not as snazzy looking as their Planet series, but I'm intrigued.

Also, any feedback on Inglesina strollers in general. They seem like they'd be good for NYC, but you hardly see anyone using them--all Peregos and Macs.

all4sanity
08-13-2002, 08:55 AM
I have been looking for more information on Inglesina also. There is a woman in my building who has the Easy Evo and it looks more plush and higher off the ground than the Perego Pliko. The canopy looks nicer too. The Planet is a little to sporty for me, but the Easy Evo seems really nice. I’ve never seen the Zippy. I’d love to know if they push better than the Pliko does one-handed. I also like that the Easy Evo comes with a carseat adapter.

Would love to know more about these Inglesina too!!

Marie

JMarie
08-13-2002, 09:12 AM
I'm planning on getting the Inglesina Planet stroller. My cousin's wife has the 2001 model and just raves about it. She has two boys, four and one, and they both love it. It is very plush for its size, and she was actually pushing the stroller one-handed with the four-year-old over grass while holding the one-year-old. Very impressive. It's not a terribly heavy stroller, but I don't think it's particularly light-weight either. I didn't get a chance to see how it folds, so I can't tell you how easy that is or how flat it gets. Good luck!

JMarie
EDD 02/28/03

NancyB
08-17-2002, 01:56 PM
tried the planet in a store it was the easiest to fold had tons of great features and was well put together and one handle to push seemed good to me! Ntb

all4sanity
08-19-2002, 12:52 PM
Strollerworld.com shows a video of the easy one hand fold on the Zippy. I'm impressed, looks really simple. Plus, it stands folded. Anyone have this stroller? Does it's dimensions compare to the Pliko??

NancyB
08-19-2002, 02:53 PM
bought the zippy it is great light wieght, built in rain hood, parents pocket, can fold up while upright and carry no bending down, fits infant seats, washable bar cover, nice one hand turning, colors are okay, I only found the sugar color at a local high end baby shop. I compared it to the zooper estreet and the pliko, it does not have the front food tray or a built in cup holder. There were other people in the store and we all came in to buy the mclaren or the pliko or the zooper and ended up with this stroller. Nancy

NancyB
08-19-2002, 02:55 PM
the zippy is great just bought one locally at high end baby store only seen them at strollerworld on the internet, try it you will like it the folding up mechanism alone is fabs Nancy

all4sanity
08-20-2002, 01:59 PM
NancyB

Thanks for responding! So, would you say the Zippy is similar to the Pliko in general (height/appearance)? What made you get the Zippy over the other Inglesina strollers like Easy Evo and Planet?

I was considering getting the Kolcraft to start off with then using the Inglesina as a main everyday stoller with a lightweight Maclaren (like the Quest) for a second stroller. Would you agree?

Thanks for your help,
Marie

TrinaCliff
08-21-2002, 10:23 PM
Oh Nancy, Nancy...here come the questions...hehehe! You're the first person I've come across that bought the Zippy...you lucky dog, you! :) Sooooo...how well does it steer one-handed...I mean, compared to the Pliko, especially??? Is the one-hand fold really cool and easy? Is it as plush as a Pliko? You said carseats will fit in it...you mean like you can set it in it and it fits snugly enough so you are comfortable putting a baby in it? Ok, last question...how is the hood...does it come all the way down like a Pliko or not? I didn't think it looked like it did, but what do you say? Thanks for putting up with all these questions! :) Sorry!
Kristen

NancyB
08-22-2002, 05:59 AM
folding ease you do not lean or get on the ground, does not tip over like mclaren might of you hang something on the bars, built in rain hood, lightwieght, parents pocket on the back, easy storage even when fully reclined, just really like this stroller alot

NancyB
08-22-2002, 06:05 AM
steering one handed is no problem, carseats suposedly fit in it but I did get a kolcroft universal because it was only 8 pounds, it does not have a snack tray like the pliko, i found it to be lighter puchiung than the pliko, I tried the carseat in the store, but as I said did not plan on using it that way at least not all the time. liked the recline and reachable basket, liked the pocket on the back, liked the built in rain hood, liked the washable removeable front bar. I had no intention of looking at it, I looked at zooper, mclaren and pliko and was concerned with the pliko because of the car seat issue and the adapter bar and the push on the primo vaiggio car seat which I did not like, not latch complaint. I will take out the car seat and see how snug it is on home use and let you know. I will warn you I got the sugar color and its a fair combo, not the traditional navy or black check out stroller world to see the colors. NTB

phirey
08-28-2002, 09:46 PM
It looks like it doesn't have a basket underneath. Does it?

NancyB
08-29-2002, 04:35 AM
yes it has a basket which is reachable from the side when fully reclined about the size of the pliko basket its mesh nancy

MamaKath
08-29-2002, 11:56 AM
What is the weight limit? I keep seeing it listed at 35, and when I looked at it the clerk wasn't sure.

I ended up with a Pliko instead (99 total including a kid on the footpegs, 45 on the main seat max) due to the better weight limits, and feeling it pushed much better with my son in it (18+ lbs).

NancyB
08-29-2002, 03:06 PM
I saw it listed as 45 on the babystore web site I will look at my documentation and see if its listed? It also may be listed on the strollerworld web site. Its a very sturdy stroller! Nancy

NancyB
08-29-2002, 03:10 PM
its 35 but the manufacturer said 40 would be okay I called them

cara1
08-29-2002, 03:19 PM
why did you pick this over the planet?
how do you make do without a parent tray or bigger basket?
anyone see good internet deals on this?

hhl2
08-29-2002, 03:35 PM
Hi Nancy,

What is the recline like on the stroller? Is it like a Maclaren (more reclined) or a Pliko or Combi (more upright)? Also, how big are the wheels? Do you think it would be suited to outdoor use or more for indoor use?

I know you are answering lots of questions about this stroller and I appreciate your answers! It looks like a great stroller! Now I'm wondering if I should have looked at this one instead of the Combi Ultra Savvy that just arrived today!

TIA,
Heidi

hhl2
08-29-2002, 09:19 PM
I looked at the video of the Zippy folding on the strollerworld.com website and have a question: does the canopy/hood have to be taken off before the stroller can be folded?

TIA, Heidi

laurajaney
08-29-2002, 10:48 PM
I've been following this with interest. My 5 m.o. is about to outgrow the SnugRide, hence the end of our Snap-n-Go. :-( I was all set to get a Mac Techno but am now having second thoughts. I'm worried that it will not be well-suited for a baby as young as mine. (Not plush enough, no bar, not a very good canopy...)

We inherited a rather well-used PP Milano that we've used for walks around the neighborhood, but it takes up way too much trunk space and it's not exactly lightweight.) I didn't like the Combi when I tried it -- it seemed to wobbly compared to the Mac. Inglesina is sounding like a great option.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated! :-)

NancyB
08-30-2002, 07:00 AM
I cannot be that technical I liked it because it seemed sturdier than the mclaren and I liked the fold up versus the pliko, yes there is no tray and the wheels seemed pretty good, I am using it for sidewalk travel only so I did not evaluate the ability for rough terrain, to me and my husband who have bad backs, the ability not to get on the ground to pick the thing up and the ability that is self locks without a clasp or catching material seemed pretty good. however I am a first time mom not a stroller maven so I may be wrong, I did not look at the planet but it looked good to me in retrospect, so perhaps I messed up and should have gotten that one I do not know. Nancy

NancyB
08-30-2002, 07:01 AM
no

cara1
08-30-2002, 07:43 AM
Poor Nancy. Sorry we're all coming at you like this. Thanks for all your feedback. Seems like a lot of us will be able to add more info when we all get our Zippy's. :)

cara1
08-31-2002, 08:57 PM
Okay, I just picked up the Zippy for $279 today at Buy Buy Baby (I had a 10% off coupon, too). First of all, there has been some confusion about the colors. It comes in 3 colors. Navy, sugar, and cookie. Navy is, well, navy all over. As for the other two (I forgot which is which), one was sort of sky blue with yellow trim and napper bar, and the other was sort of beige with red trim. DH wanted to stick with navy, thinking it wouldn't get as dirty.

As for the parent pouch on the back of the canopy, it isn't there. I don't know why, but it doesn't have one. I ended up buying a little net bag to hang down from the handles.

I really like the built-in rain shield and full canopy. Basket is small; we had two jackets, and a fanny pack in it. I downsized my diaper bag (I'm sure I wil regret this), and hung it off the back.

Really easy one-handed steering!

On the downside, beware, it is rather heavy. It's 19lbs, and the Planet is supposedly 16lbs. But you can't beat the easy fold up mechanism. It's really hard to believe. And even if it heavy to pick up and throw into the trunk, at least I don't have to get onto the ground to lift it.

Well, we've only had our first outing today, so I can't say how things will go in the long term, but so far so good.

almaciaszek
08-31-2002, 11:58 PM
There's a color called 'Bamboo', which is the one at my local retailer. The base color is a dark grey, with deep orange accents (bumper bar cover, shoulder strap covers, & the part where the rain cover stores), and a third color (I wouldn't know what to call it...light, light, green?) is on the rear of the hood and sides of the seat. This page http://amos.catalogcity.com/cc.class/cc?main=catalog&pcd=4067779&prd=5933874&ccsyn=1 has a photo that you can enlarge to see the 3 colors on each of the 3 strollers.

Since you bought the navy one...does it have any accent colors at all...or is it just completely navy? The navy one I've seen on the etailer websites is called the 'Cookie' and has red & tan accents.

Thanks for your info. & good luck with your stroller...I hadn't realized it was 19 lbs...all the info. on the net says 16 lbs.!

cara1
09-01-2002, 09:20 PM
The navy is all navy. No accents. Yes, I may have named the colors wrong; maybe it was bamboo, but the colors are he same. The lightlight green you refer to I thought was tan (it was high up on a shelf, so I'm not sure). The Planet definitely has snazzier colors, but it depends what you're looking for.