PDA

View Full Version : Pliko or Mac Vogue?

Michele714
08-04-2002, 09:38 AM
I'm registering at BRU only. The one in our town sells only two high-end strollers: the Peg Pliko in Black Sable for $199 and Mac Vogue in Blue Plaid for $249. What do you think? The Mac looks more attractive to me but other than that I cannot tell what features to evaluate?!

I will have car seat and Snap-n-Go for the first few months. I'm hoping that one of the options above will last me for the next couple of years. Basically need just 1 lightweight, sturdy, all-purpose stroller for neighborhood sidewalks, mall trekking, and air travel.

Thanks!

hipmaman
08-04-2002, 04:04 PM
A few things for your consideration...

2002 Pliko (I assume Black Sable is 2002): 16 lbs; when opened it is 33.5" long, 21" wide and 40.5" high; when folded it's 14" thick, 40.25" high and 16" wide; has removable front bumper bar; 5 pt harness; extended legrest; big basket (accessible on the sides); extendable handles, comes with parent's cupholder; can take a Peg infant seat (or might take any carseat with the adaptor bar); 6" knobby tyres; has a standing board for a toddler in the back; nice big canopy that can comes down to the armrests; seat reclines to almost horizontal; removable uphostery.

2002 Vogue: 14 lbs; when opened it is 19" wide and 41" high; when folded it's 41" high, 11" wide and about 7" thick; no front bumper bar; 5 pt harness; extended legrest; decent basket (not no accessible if seat totally reclined); handles are not adjustable but comfortable for all height parents (especially tall ones); 6" tyres; decent size canopy but doesn't come down low; has head hugger; seat reclines to almost horizontal (I say about the same degree as the Pliko); removable seat; viewing window in the hood, storage pocket in the back of canopy, zip-off panel in the rear of the hood (below the pocket) for ventilation; comes with rain cover.

Okay, I do like the Pliko, but if I were to choose between these two for light-weight, everyday use, travel, compactness, easy of mobility (Pliko can't be pushed and steered with one hand), I would choose the Vogue. That's my opinion. And I do have both (although mine are older than 2002, lol).

kiwibird2
08-05-2002, 06:56 AM
The most imporant features for me were that the seat fully reclined (my kids ONLY slept on their stomachs) and that it had a reversible handle. When walking around outside its hard to keep baby out of the sun if you don't have the reversible handle. Its a pain to keep reversing, but its better than trying to hang blankets over the hood with clothespins!

KMS

momathome
08-05-2002, 09:54 AM
I have both the Peg Pliko Sherpa and the Mac Vogue. If you are starting out with the snap 'n go, then get the Mac Vogue. It's a bit more compact and easier to push. However, if you think you are having a big baby and won't be using the snap n' go for very long, the Peg may be the better choice - it reclines slightly more and has nicer padding. Tiny babies tend to slide around in Macs until they have better head control (usually around 6 months). If you can, it may be better to purchase this stroller once your baby has outgrown the snap n' go, that way you can try your baby out in both stroolers and see which one works better for you. They're both great strollers - good luck!
-Lauren