PDA

View Full Version : Hook on feeding chairs

DonnysMom
08-04-2002, 07:48 PM
Hi there,
I know this might not be the right forum but it's a question for the on-the-go parent.

It seems that I've run into the problem of restaurants either running out of highchairs or having broken ones (ie: straps broken).

Does anyone have a hook on chair that they like? I saw the Inglesina Planet Hook On Chair on babystyle.com ($55). Seem like it might be a good idea.

I'd love to get any comments, reviews or suggestions.

Thanks!

Vickie

hipmaman
08-04-2002, 08:28 PM
Check out these booster seats...

http://www.safety1st.com/index_product.html. The new On-the-go Fold-up seat looks neat. I have the older Fold-up booster seat that we leave in the car trunk for going out.

http://www.thefirstyears.com/products/product.asp?pValue=4200. The 3-in-1 feeding seat.

I think the new On-the-go looks rather great. Give that a try. It's probably is easier than the hook-on chair, since you never know what kind of tables the restaurants have, if they are comfortable with you hooking the chair onto their tables, baby is too close to flatware, dishes, etc.

DonnysMom
08-04-2002, 11:52 PM
Thanks for the suggestion Tam! It seems like it might be kinda bulky to lug around those boosters. What seem nice about the Inglesina is that it's only 3.5 lbs and folds flat. It would be handy to fold into the diaper bag or in the stroller for those spontaneous meals at a restaurant.

I guess I could just use my sit n stroll all the time but my Combi Savy Z is so easy to keep stored in my trunk and it's so light!

Vickie

luvbeinmama
08-04-2002, 11:59 PM
I have the First Years 3 in 1 booster and I love it. The only thing is I had to replace the waist strap with a longer strap (I went to JoAnn and got the strapping and a new buckle). Other than that it's great! It stays in my trunk for trips to the Grandparents house and if I happen to need it for a restaurant, it's right there. I don't use the tray at all, I just push DS right up to the table.

egoldber
08-05-2002, 11:25 AM
Take a look at the Me Too hook on chair. It is much better for air travel because it folds up very compactly. It is by far the sturdiest hook on chair. I also think it is MUCH more secure than the portable fold up high chair that I also have. You can get it at babycenter.com or at retail Buy Buy Baby stores.

You can see it at metooproducts.com

HTH,

hardysmom
08-13-2002, 10:26 PM
I have the Combi hook-on chair and really like it; however, it doesn't fold up super-small. It goest flat, but is still long. We keep it in the car and use it all the time in restaurants-- its great if you live somewhere where you can drive (more or less) to the door.

Stephanie

ameelo
08-14-2002, 12:40 AM
I have the planet EZ or something or another. LOL. Its the Inglesina Planet one in Sky. Its as lovely as in the pics. Although, I think that the green is very nice also as I've seen both.

Now for the review, I like it overall. It is very light and very sturdy. I thought it would be all wimpy because of its weight and all the mesh etc. But its not. Its easy to install although a bit time consuming if you're obessive about safety and turn the screws very tight. I've had it about 1.5 wks and used it three times already. I usually end up getting a booth and installing it next to me rather than on the end of the table. It will accomodate a wide variety of tables unlike some of the others.

But it does not have a carry case which is stooopid because the mechanism by which it folds flat lets the bars flap around. Very inconvenient. But overall, I've liked it better than any of the others. Plus, its soooo pretty. Lol. Also, be aware that despite all of the descriptions, it doesn't have a storage pocket.

riostoker
08-14-2002, 07:25 AM
You DEFINITELY want the Me Too portable high chair!! It is honestly one of the best baby purchases we've ever made. I was a little hesitant to get it because of the price, but I've never regretted it. I found the best prices at BabyCenter.

I can't say enough good things about this chair. We take it with us everytime we go out to eat. It fits on about 90% of restaurant tables. Every now and then, we'll go to a restaurant (Pizzeria Uno comes to mind) that has tables too thick for the chair, but that is rare (and we eat out a lot!!).

This chair is so small. I don't remember the exact dimensions, but it folds up small enough that we can stick it in the diaper bag if we leave the top of the bag open.

I noticed several people recommended regular hard plastic booster seats like First Years and Safety First. I can't imagine dragging one of those around to restaurants. What a pain. The Me Too chair is perfect. When we go somewhere with the stroller, it fits in the stroller basket. When we go somewhere with the backpack carrier, we just use a couple toy links to hang it off the back of the backpack. If folds up completely flat and is so lightweight.

It is super-secure. I've never had a second thought about my child not being safe in it. She loves it too because it puts her at the perfect height at the table. In those restaurant highchairs, she was usually very low and would chew on the table! In this chair, she sits like we do - at the right height and close to the table.

I saw somebody recommended the Chicco portable chair too. It looks OK, but folds up about twice the size of the Me Too. It is about the same price too, so no reason to go with it!!

We also like the Me Too chair because in restaurants with booths, she can sit inside the booth with us instead of in the aisle where waiters are passing hot food over her head.

OK... have a convinced you yet???

If you were to ask my husband his favorite, most useful, most recommended baby product, (after Mylicon drops!!), this would be his answer!!

Sorry for the long post. I just saw lots of other suggestions that aren't half as good as the Me Too chair!!

:)
riostoker

DDplusTwinsMommy
08-14-2002, 09:19 AM
I haven't used the hook-on chairs yet, but does anyone have an opinion on the Tot-Loc? My sister has one that she wants to give me, and I would need to buy a second for the other twin. What do you think?

http://www.babysupermall.com/main/products/gra/gra01980.html

Thanks! Susan