PDA

View Full Version : stroller hood/shade extender

riostoker
08-06-2002, 07:34 PM
We were in NYC for a long weekend, and I saw a couple people with these great stroller attachments. It was like an extra hood that would extend the shade on the stroller. It wasn't one of those umbrella like things. It went over the regular hood of the stroller and just went out further. The ones I saw were blue. I asked one woman where she bought it, and she said, (in a rather snide tone), "You're not from here, are you? They sell them in all the baby stores here." That wasn't very helpful. Anybody know what I'm talking about or where I can find one on-line? It looked really great!

Thanks!
ann

Shirale
08-06-2002, 08:11 PM
HI!
Sorry bout the snide NYCer, most of us are quite nice!! The shade you are talking about is the Pepeny sun shade. It is actually fantastic, the sun doesn't get in DDs eyes and I don't have to worry as much about sunburns (it has SPF protection) also, when she naps in the stroller I can pull it down and it blocks distractions! Anyhow, you can buy the Pepent at Albee's on the upper west side in NYC (around 95th and Amsterdam I think) but there is also a website www.pepeny.com (I think) that may sell them or tell you where to buy them. Another idea is to do a search for Pepeny sunshades...Good luck!

Peanut
08-06-2002, 09:00 PM
i ordered mine through littlefolks.com

Amma

Melanie
08-07-2002, 12:40 AM
I got mine through skin-savers. They had the best prices, didn't gauge on shipping, and were VERY helpful to rush mine out in time for my trip (on which I didn't end up needing to use it once! Oh well).
However, they don't sell all the colors, only navy with a few trim choices. Check out pepeny's page for all the options.

http://skin-savers.com/index.html
http://www.pepeny.com/

Mommy to Jonah

rachelfran
08-07-2002, 03:04 PM
does anyone know anything about the pepeny losing it's shape -
mine seems to have lost it's shape - it's all floppy and doesn't do it's job so well anymore - i bought an umbrella since i don't think it's working so well anymore...

Garrettsmom
08-07-2002, 03:36 PM
Can you pull these shades down so that it completely blocks out the view (as for use sleeping in restaurants, etc)? I looked at the website and you can't tell. These sound great!

APG
08-07-2002, 09:01 PM
A similar thing happened with mine. What i did was rethread the wire that goes along the outside of the pepeny. when i did, it regained its shape

rachelfran
08-07-2002, 11:07 PM
how did you rethread? did you have to cut a hole to get the wire out, in the first place? thanks for your help

Melanie
08-08-2002, 11:40 AM
It would seem so, they are really moveable, you just losen the ties. However, it lays across the canopy you already have, so it may depend on how they fit together. If you have a straight canopy, I'm not sure how it would work. Be careful, though, you don't want to make it a little oven in there. I would think it would be better for this than when people put those huge blankets over the strollers. It makes me cringe thinking of the poor little baby roasting in there. Winter, I get, but it's 90 degrees outside! (tripping on my way down off of the soapbox) ;)

Mommy to Jonah

zane
08-11-2002, 08:36 PM
On my trip to NYC recently, I saw these Pepenny shades on more than 1/2 of all strollers i saw. I think it works well, i bought one online before we left ( thanks for the great tip) but can't get it out of my head how i would like to redesign it and make it so much better. LOL. I will let you know when i am in production on it ( when our kids are all in college,lol)
zane