PDA

View Full Version : Volo Accessory Kit - What is it like? Necessary?

mlk
08-10-2002, 02:23 PM
Should I purchase this, or is it unneccessary? It looks poorly made on the website, and is quite pricey when compared to the stroller. However, I did get a great deal on babycenter with the new cust discount and baby shower registry.
Anyone out there using it??
Thanks for your input!

ameelo
08-10-2002, 03:02 PM
Hmm. I don't think it's NECESSARY. However, I do like it. Since I intended the Volo for just quick sprints, in/out type of trips I didn't get the kit as part of my original purchase. However, I did really miss having a canopy so I decided to get it. The canopy is actually quite nice and easily removable. I wouldn't call it *poorly made* at all. Much sturdier than it looks and it is retractable for when you don't need it and you can still fold the stroller with it on. It doesn't take any additional room on the handlebars so your packages can still be hooked on the handles.

The seat cushion isn't what I would call plush...by any means. But it is similar to the lower end Macs' padding. Just enough to do some good but not cushy. It is also removable and I will use it when it gets a bit cooler.

I haven't actually use the rain shield so can't give any info other than it does install easily.

HTH,

Amee

pamela mom of 3
08-12-2002, 06:53 PM
I also agree, it isn't poorly made by any account, i'd say very up to the normal maclaren quality well in my opinion anyways ;)

Whether you need it.. depends..

I wanted it because it's my middle childs only stroller, when she needs a stroller it's the one. So i wanted and needed a hood for winter plus i liked the idea of the raincover as i have them with my other macs and they work so well. The seat pad is quite nice, stays on.. doesn't shift plus can be folded with the stroller, it's waterproof and machine washable. The hood is a good size actually bigger than my daytripper's and can also be left on when you fold the stroller. the bag the whole set comes in is quite cool, a strong nylon with a backpack style handle set-up, could be hung off the back of the stroller if you like. My only complaint about the whole 'kit' would be color i would have liked it to be the same as my volo[denim] but otherwise well worth it.
:)