PDA

View Full Version : Question about every day city stroller

jenfed
08-11-2002, 05:28 PM
I have a Peg Perego Milano that I am ready to retire from every day use, since I find it heavy and bulky to use as my everyday stroller in NYC...I also have a Combi Ultra Saavy for the car/travel which I like, but I don't find it is substantial enough for everyday in the city.

I picked up a Maclaren Opus for a great price and thought it would become my new neighborhood stroller and my baby hates the reclined slant of the seat...she hates the stroller. So I am going to sell it and want to find another good everyday stroller.

Any ideas? She loved the Milano and likes the Combi because she can sit up in them and hold the bar.

Thanks for your help...my husband thinks I am crazy with all these strollers!!

strollerqueen
08-12-2002, 03:21 AM
I had the same problem with my Maclarens and little son. He slumped and slided and was generally miserable. I had already sold my Peg Pliko, which he sat in very nicely, because it was too hard to push and steer one-handed. ( I had to hold the hand of my then-toddler.) THen I discovered the Chicco 2002. Very similar to Peg, but pushes SO easily one-handed, similar to the way the Mac TEchno pushes. It is plusher than my other Macs, has a nice front bar, and 3-level adjustable suspension. It is also heavier, at about 20 pounds, but folds like an umbrella.

So I think that style stroller is better for a young baby. I find the Macs are terrific for older children, though.:) :7 :D

rachelfran
08-12-2002, 02:54 PM
when you say older children - do you mean over age 2? or what specifically - thanks!

keli
08-12-2002, 05:05 PM
Have you looked into zooper strollers they have inflatable tires that stroll great over cracks in the sidewalk. These strollers are wonderful.

nyjavamom
08-14-2002, 08:51 AM
Keli -

Have you used a Zooper stroller? If so, which one? I am interested in hearing about the Z-street.