PDA

View Full Version : Perego Pliko, Maclaren global or the Zooper Z Street?

NancyB
08-13-2002, 09:51 AM
Between those three can anyone help me decide, its for an infant to begin and to be used with the Snug ride carseat. This is for use in and out of car at stores, shopping, malls, sidewalks no messy terrain.
Since they are all expensive I would like to make the best choice and lucky me it will be a gift! Thanks in advance

SloanOutlaw
08-14-2002, 01:03 PM
We purchased the Pliko recently and have used it with the Snug Ride carseat for 6 weeks now and love it. The Snug ride fits very well with the adaptor and actually is almost an exact match. (As much as two different makes can be.) We use the stroller almost daily for evening walks and also twice a week or so for shopping. Durability seems to be a strongpoint of it so far. It is easy to open and close. The only complaint we have on the stroller is that it is very difficult to steer one handed. We knew this before purchasing it also but all the other pluses of this stroller made it still worthwhile. I have no doubt that the stroller will last for many years.

Michigan Mama
08-17-2002, 03:22 AM
We have been using the Pliko with our son for almost 10 weeks now and have the following to say:

PROS: The Graco Snugride carseat DOES fit nicely into the Pliko nicely - no problems there. The Pliko also folds up like a dream and it's lightweight/compact design is great for the car.

CONS: I am 5'8" and my husband is 6'2". We both can't help but kick the back of the stroller and it's wheels EVERY TIME we use ii. Plus, the "extending handlebars" may extend, but not far enough for either of us to be able to push the stroller comfortably. My husband has a worse time with it as he must hunch over to push the Pliko. Another thing, the separate handlebars make it difficult to carry a crying baby AND push the stroller at the same time. Also, the drink holder broke off at 3 weeks AND the under-stroller storage canopy is already ripping apart - specifically, the plastic tubing is popping through the seams.

Because of the above cons, I would NOT recommend the Pliko, especially if you're tall. I started out as a fan of the stroller, thinking that all of the research I'd done would pay off.

FYI: We live in Michigan and have taken the stroller into malls and on suburban streets/sidewalks.

Good luck.