PDA

View Full Version : Peg Venezia

blnony
08-13-2002, 10:15 AM
I am trying to decide whether or not to purchase this stroller. I have a Mac Techno for a lighter stroller, so I'm not really worried about this being called a "heavy or big stroller." My husband likes the Graco Metrolite, but I am curious if this is really a much better choice.
We "test drove" the Venezia and I love it, but is the difference in price really worth it?
Thanks,

Rachels
08-13-2002, 10:22 AM
I think this depends on how you think you'll use it. We have the Venezia, and so far my daughter primarily uses it fully-reclined for brief naps in our diningroom. It is MUCH bigger than the Kolcraft Universal Carseat Carrier, which is what I've been using for running errands, etc. Even with the Kolcraft (which I love), it's sometimes difficult navigating in department stores, so I worry that the Venezia will be just impossible for that kind of thing. It works really well for walks around the neighborhood, though, and it's a very comfortable stroller for my baby. So I think it's really a question of what you hope to be able to use it to do.

ameelo
08-13-2002, 11:09 AM
How is the steering? I can't remember. But you will love the reversible handle. My baby loves to look at me even now at 10 months. And you're right, there is a time and a place for the larger, heavier and cushier stroller. I haven't found a stroller yet that can handle all types of situations...that's why I now have six!...shhhh. Don't tell DH. I would go for it and realize that you will probably use it for times when you know the baby will sleep or when you know that baby will be in it for awhile so you want him to be as comfy as possible. And to tell you the truth, I tend to take my larger strollers to the mall despite the difficulty maneuvering between aisles because then I can relax and take my time knowing DS is comfortable and I can give him snacks and drinks.

HTH,

Amee

Uhm...my motto is that until someone engineers the perfect stroller, you gotta have more than one.

blnony
08-13-2002, 11:37 AM
The steering is great! You can easily use one hand, unlike the Pliko with its two handles. I really liked how sturdy it felt compared to the Graco. It seems like it would be much more comfortable for long uses, like day trips. I don't think it would work very well on rough surfaces, but I think it would still be better than the Graco.
DH thinks that the Metrolite "is enough like the Venezia" that we shouldn't spend the extra dollars, but I just fell in love with the Venezia and now I don't think I will be able to live with out! lol.

ameelo
08-13-2002, 11:50 AM
Considering that you've fallen in love with it, you really should get it. Take it from me, if you get one that you don't *love* from the outset, you'll end up getting another one to fill the hole. LOL.

If you consider that all strollers have irritations inherant in their use, if it starts out kinda low on your approval ratings, it doesn't have much to go before its just collecting dust in the garage or under some bed.

Seriously though, does the Graco have reversible handles? If it doesn't that is the excuse/reason I would use for the Venezia. Plus does the Venezia's hood go all the way down like the Pliko's? The hood is the best thing about the Pliko. Wonderful for those quick gusts of wind or sprinkles. And call me a stroller snob but although many are happy with them, I have never found a Graco or Evenflo that matched the Venezias/Milanos.

That does it! I am going to trade in my Pliko for a Venezia! Yeah! What color are you going to get? LOL. Yipee.

Amee

all4sanity
08-13-2002, 02:15 PM
I know exactly how you feel! I'm in love with it too. I'm registrying (is that a word? :))for both the Venezia and Techno. I just love the reversible handle and the plushness of the seat. I feel the Techno is more suitible for an child. Perhaps one that's already walking. I don't think young babies are comfortable in it. I personally would rather deal with the cumbersome size of the stroller, than have my baby be uncomfortable.

I thank god that I've found this book and discovered this website early enough not to make the mistakes of most first-time moms and think that there really is one perfect stroller. We all here know that is so not true!

Shirale
08-13-2002, 05:04 PM
A friend of mine has the metrolite and after less than 1 year it is already falling apart! So, my view (and I think the Feilds will agree) is that it is always better to spend a little bit more and have it last longer. That said, another friend has the Peg Milano and a Mac and she said that the Milano was basically a waste b/c it is so heavy and even though it is lovely and plush it was just too much to push around. She told me when I was pregnant (and I agreed) to buy a universal car seat carrier for when the baby is tiny, then switch to the Mac. My baby loves her Mac and I am happy pushing it. If you really want another stroller,though, go for the Peg- it is great quality and will last for a long time!

ameelo
08-13-2002, 05:42 PM
Hmmm...this is just my opinion but I think that a big, heavy plush stroller has its uses. And to tell the truth, I hate my Pliko but I use it as my plusher stroller (but am now seriously thinking about trading up to a Venezia.) In my stroller stable, I have three Macs, a couple of joggers, and a Perego and a couple others. That's not to mention the strollers I've resold! I love my Macs but its not comfortable for DS when I know we'll be someplace a long time. I think the Pliko's steering stinks and hate it more with each use. I think that a small travel stroller (Mac Volo, Daytripper, or Quest), a lightweight everyday stroller (Mac Techno), a plush-comfy stroller (Venezia), and a jogger is appropriate for those that have the funds and the storage space. (BTW, you know you've run out of storage space when you have one stored in your bathroom! LOL) But that's just me.

Amee

all4sanity
08-13-2002, 06:08 PM
I was going to get the Kolcraft Universal Carseat Stroller and skip the Venezia then my doctor advised me of the breathing problems that could be caused by leaving a baby in the infant seat for long periods of time. That's why I'm going with the Venezia. I'd rather be safe knowing my baby can lie down comfortably. I know the stroller can be cumbersome, but it's something you have to deal with knowing that your baby's safety is at stake.

Just my 2 cents,
Marie

kathsmom
08-13-2002, 08:59 PM
We bought the Venezia after test driving the Graco, Evenflo, etc. I even showed DH the Kolcraft universal carrier and Snap 'n' Go. He immediately vetoed the carseat carrier. The reason we chose the Venezia was because of the durability. The Graco, Evenflo, etc. just seemed too flimsy. After reading the Baby Bargains book, posts on this board, and reviews, we decided to go ahead and get the Venezia. We did test drive it first. It is great for newborns, because it fully reclines, you have the reversible handle, and it is easy to maneuver. It has an adjustable handle for height, which was great, because DH is 6'1" and I am 5'6". It could even be adjusted for our DD who is almost 4 ft tall. It was very easy to push, even with one hand. We ordered a 2001 model from barebabies.com on clearance and are very happy with it so far (DS is not due until 9/30/02).

The model we have also accepts the Peg Perego car seat or you can purchase an adapter bar for other brands of car seats.

We are glad we bought the Venezia, and DH told me to get exactly what I wanted, because I was going to be using it more than he is.

When DS gets older, we may switch to a lighter weight model, but right now we are happy with this purchase.

Good luck!

Toni - mom to Katherine (5/19/96) and baby boy on the way (9/30/02)

Momof3Labs
08-13-2002, 09:40 PM
I also fell in love with the Venezia, but had a hard time justifying the cost. So I hit eBay, and picked up a very slightly used Roma (looks an awful lot like the Venezia, just a year or two older) for $105 shipped. It arrived last week and is just gorgeous! Really, I think that they used it only once or twice. It seems so much more comfy for Baby when we go out for hours or the whole day.

And, with the money that I saved (heh, heh), I ordered a 2001 Maclaren Vogue off of babycenter.com when they had it for $125 shipped. That should round us out nicely!

Lori
due 10/12 w/ #1

pamela mom of 3
08-16-2002, 09:11 PM
I think it's worth it, i just bought one too, but i did have a milano for my first and another venezia for my 2nd. I do own maclarens actually a couple, techno, volo and daytripper. Yet i still wanted something more comfy/full featured for my son for the mall..i don't like letting him loose at this point 'cause he's at that run off stage. They are not light, but not that bad plus folding isn't really huge, they are no umbrella by any means but still i know of bigger when folded. Quality is excellent i've owned perego strollers for 6.5yrs and no major problems or really any minor ones either. I love the child snack tray for them, great for keeping kiddo happy while mommy shops! maclarens are great for older kids, my 3.5yo loves her volo but then she is in/out all the time so really doesn't require full featured models anymore.

Oh and on the metrolite, skip it...i tried one broke after less than 5mths gentle, sometime use. Just not worth it...

:)

blnony
08-17-2002, 09:53 AM
I think I won the battle! Thank you all for your help and input. We ordered the Venezia yesterday, in the Chesapeak pattern! Now it's like waiting for Christmas! lol. Thanks again.

ameelo
08-17-2002, 01:10 PM
Yeah! Congrats. I am ordering one too because you jiggled me into action. So the Venezia will be my 10th stroller! Let me know how you like the Chesepeake.

Amee

PS. Do you mind my asking where you ordered your from?

blnony
08-17-2002, 06:42 PM
I ordered it from babycatalog.com. I've always had great success with them. Also, it has free shipping for the stroller. I wanted that specific pattern, because the Graco Snugride we have is blue/white checked. I found the adapter bar at babyuniverse.com. Hope you enjoy your new Venezia too!!

DeanaP
08-20-2002, 12:08 PM
Boy, I thought I was a stroller junkie with my two strollers. I have the Venezia and the Martinelli (like the Pliko). I like my Venezia more after reading this board!

I am ALWAYS looking at the strollers that pass in the mall. Always trying to see what great features some else has.

The Venezi does not have great parent conveniences, but looks comfy for my little one. I would love a child's tray and cup holder for me. I see that Peg now makes the strollers with each. I wish it had a bigger basket.