PDA

View Full Version : Graco Snug Ride / Kolcraft Universal

mck
08-15-2002, 05:44 AM
We are first time parents, gearing up for our new arrival in October. We bought the Graco Snugride LX5 Infant Car Seat, which we like. Upon the advice of many people on the boards, as well as other friends, we also bought the Kolcraft Universal carrier. Being new at all of this, we have a question about the fit. Is the seat supposed to actually "snap" into place somehow, or does that strap just hold it in there? Also, I have heard different things about the SnugRide with shopping carts. Does it work with them, or not?
MCK

egoldber
08-15-2002, 09:07 AM
I did not have the Kolcraft, so I can't help you there. As far as shopping carts go, I found that my Snugride fit in most shopping carts. This will be true of ALL infant seats, regardless of whether they say they fit on carts or not. The problem is that shopping carts are NOT standard. So your seat may fit on one cart and not another. And you need to use your best judgment. Sometimes it would "fit" on a cart, but would not look safe. In which case I would just put the seat in the basket. Just make sure to inspect the seat once you put it in to be sure it is safe. Just like any other piece of baby equipment, it can be unsafe if used improperly.

HTH,

Rachels
08-15-2002, 12:01 PM
Check the manual carefully, but it should snap in. I couldn't figure out how to snap our carseat in at first, and for me the answer turned out to be holding up the bar that releases the carseat from the base while I placed it in the Kolcraft. When I released the bar, it secured the seat to the stroller. Maybe something like that will work for you. I would call Kolcraft and ask, though, because the straps alone won't secure the seat.

twins r fun
08-15-2002, 02:01 PM
With my graco and kolcraft, the red hook thing on the back of the carseat would hook over the bar of the kolcraft, but it did not make a snapping or clicking noise to indicate that it was in place. When we would take it off the kolcraft we would have to unhook it. I'm sure you've read in your kolcraft manuel how to set the bar for your particular carseat. The strap is definitely essential to hold the carseat in place-the hook does not hold it securely.

Nicole