PDA

View Full Version : What is a ''Maclaren Techno Sport''??

momtoone
08-15-2002, 06:16 PM
I notice a product called a "Maclaren Techno Sport" for sale on the Right Start web site. It looks like an Electric Blue Techno. Is it possible that they are using to word "sport" to tell us that it is one of the Chinese models?

Another observation about the Technos: I notice that my local baby boutique still has U.K. Technos in stock. Is is possible that Maclaren reserved the U.K. Technos for the high-end retailers and sent the Chinese Technos to the superstores and dot-coms? By the way, I've seen the Chinese and U.K. versions side by side and the U.K. version looks so much nicer! (Though the Chinese one is O.K. for some of the prices that are out there. I got mine cheap.):-)

hipmaman
08-16-2002, 08:52 PM
Hi,

I recall the Electric Blue at the Right Start was just an exclusive colour to the Right Start. Just like the black one on BabyStyle. It has nothing to do with the country of origin.

Baby boutiques don't have the same volume of sales or deep discounts as department stores or dot.com stores, so it is perfectly understandable that they might still have English-made Macs or even some older models like the Concorde LX, Opus DX, Free Spirit as I do see them in my local store (1999 and 2000).