PDA

View Full Version : Hip Hammock?

raynjen
08-17-2002, 10:41 AM
I saw a recommendation for the Hip Hammock on someone's post. I currently use a OSBH but it is WAY too hot for my daughter and I right now. Anyone recommend this carrier? How long can you carry a 20 pounder without neck/back problems? I saw that you can choose to have it lined/unlined with fleece. The website claims that the fleece "wicks away moisture" during the summer months. Is that true, or do I want to go unlined? Thanks for the help.
Jen

ameelo
08-17-2002, 01:06 PM
Hmmm...I personally like it lined but I think you can get it lined in the chambray also. It gets pretty hot here too and I've noticed DS getting too hot by it.

I do love my hip hammock but the tricky part is getting it adjusted right. If you get the HH, call Nancie Swanke, the owner to help you get it adusted right if you can't by yourself. She's a ton of help. DS weighs about 21.5 pounds and I have carried him in it about three hours max. that's not to say that I don't feel it at all but what I do like about the HH is that if you start to feel it in your neck/shoulder area, you just pull him into you while the bulk of the weight is still being supported by the waist strap. It is so much easier to just pull him into you a bit than it is to lift up on him for any long period of time. Does that make sense?

Overall, very happy with my HH. Let me know if you have any other questions.

HTH,
Amee