PDA

View Full Version : Maclaren Quest Feedback needed and Maclaren length of use

caramia2000
08-17-2002, 04:48 PM
Hi, I've been looking at the Maclaren Quest. I liked how it handles and some of the extra features over their Daytripper model however I have questions on the Quest and MacLaren. I currently have a 2 year old Martinelli Pappillion (baby store name for Peg Perego Pliko) which we have loved. It unfortunately can not be moved one handed and the close is 2 steps and it's appears heavier than the Quest.

My general question re Maclaren products is - > how long do they last into toddlerhood? I noticed the weight is 40lbs vs. the 45 on the Peg Perego's. Also I recall reading some people feel the canopy doesn't cover the stroller as well??? We are tall in my family so a lot of strollers have been immediately ruled out due to long legs of child (and parent ;) ) For example our 2 year old is often mistaken for a 3 year old. She can still sit in our current stroller, it's just harder to move when she decides she wants to walk - I cannot hold her hand and move the stroller so I usually end up having her push it with me walking behind her. Now that's a sight and takes twice as long believe me.

Thanks for the feedback.

hipmaman
08-17-2002, 10:22 PM
Hi,

You are right about the Pliko/Papillion not good for one-hand pushing and steering. That was my pet peeve with my Pliko, and I love the Maclaren for this feature (and others).

If you are tall, the Maclaren is a good choice. It accomodate tall parents well. The weight limit is 40 lbs. How heavy is your child? BTW, the PP has 'no' limit, as long as a child sits in it comfortably ;)

The Maclaren is also lower to the ground than the Pliko, so I can see a tall child might want to stick her feet/foot on the ground or worst, on the wheels so the stroller would stop short while moving.

My 14 months old and 3 yr old sit well in the 2000 Vogue (or the Opus Duo) with no problem. I have friends with older children still using their Maclarens (4-5 yrs old).

The Quest is probably a good choice for a mid-weight Maclaren with plenty of well-liked features. Do you have somewhere that you can test drive it with your dd and see how she fits in it now and if there is room to grow?

Tam

caramia2000
08-18-2002, 02:45 AM
>If you are tall, the Maclaren is a good choice. It
>accomodate tall parents well. The weight limit is 40 lbs.
>How heavy is your child? BTW, the PP has 'no' limit, as
>long as a child sits in it comfortably ;)
>
>The Maclaren is also lower to the ground than the Pliko, so
>I can see a tall child might want to stick her feet/foot on
>the ground or worst, on the wheels so the stroller would
>stop short while moving.
>
Thank you for the feedback! DD is 32lbs, 38+inches. Interesting that the Maclaren is lower to ground, her legs appeared higher up then in her Pliko, maybe because of the way the seats slant on the Maclarens?? She JUST did that thing with her feet on the wheels in her Pliko this weekend. She has never done that before and I noticed she did it and I foolishly showed a reaction so she did it again..sigh. We rode around Babies R Us in the Maclaren and she appeared comfortable but that was before the leg trick so we need to have to look again.