PDA

View Full Version : InStep strollers

cara1
08-19-2002, 01:25 PM
Anyone know about this brand? They seem to have really big storage baskets. Are they any good? I'm looking for a reliable lightweight stroller with a big basket and sun protection (built in parent tray and built in rain shield would be perfect too)...

NancyB
08-19-2002, 02:48 PM
I bought the inglesina zippy at a local baby store it is not the cheapest running aroung 260. It has a large hood which has a built in rain shield that simply zips out and zips back in, really convenient, a large basket that can be reached when the seat is reclined which is great, a back pocket on the hood for holding some of your stuff, and the best thing it folds with one pull of a lever while you are standin upright you do not have to reach down to lift it up or kick it with your foot, it also fits infant car seats. I really like it a lot and it wieghs only 16 pounds. I have only seen them on the internet at strollerworld http://www.strollerworld.com/Inglesina_2002/Zippy/zippy.html
hope this helps Nancy

egoldber
08-19-2002, 04:37 PM
They are best known for making low priced jogging and all-terrain strollers of decent quality. I don't know anyone with an Instep "regular" stroller. I have an Instep Safari (swivel front wheel all-terrain stroller) that is my neighborhood walking stroller and I love it. I have several friends with their jogging strollers who also like them. They are probably not suited for everyday hard use, but would work well for average use, but not through several babies.

Which model are you looking at?

HTH,

zane
08-19-2002, 09:55 PM
I bought the Instep aluminum Tech lite stroller and it was great for the price. Huge basket, all the extras and really inexpensive. I also immediately sold it to a resale store because the 3 pt harness did not hold my baby in well enough. Also, I became something of a stroller snob and started hating this stroller for its cheapie feel. It folds very large but does only weigh 13 lbs or something like that. The see thru peephole has the velcro sewn on wrong so it does not stay open while walking ( very easy to add a piece onto the stroller to fix this). Mine was a blue plaid and was a bit boyish for my taste. I think this is a great stroller for the price, but if you crave something a bit fancier, you will be disappointed. The parent tray also kept popping out of place, that bugged me. Comes with a remoable napper bar and a tray that fits onto the bar.
zane