PDA

View Full Version : Techno has a rattled ride... please help!

tilly2321
08-19-2002, 01:28 PM
Hello! I have a 2001 Mac Techno (UK version) that I bought at the right start due to all of the rave reviews that I read. I took my 3 month old out in it (he has good head control and weighs 15 pounds). Anyhow, the ride was very noisy and rattly and we just walked around my neighborhood on pavement. Can anyone tell me what is wrong? I feel like this stroller is so much noisier than my Snap 'N Go. Has anyone had this dilemma before? Please help!
Elaine

egoldber
08-19-2002, 04:44 PM
This is going to sound strange, but Macs are all about balance. The strollers themselves are really light and need the weight of the baby to give them proper balance. Your baby may not be heavy enough yet to really balance the stroller well. I first started using my Mac Mistral with my baby when she was about 6 months old and 17 pounds. It was a little bouncy, like you say. I have noticed that as she has gotten older and heavier, the stroller pushes and handles much better.

If the wheels are squeaking, you may want to try lubricating them with a silicone spray.

If you don't think the balance is the issue and the spray doesn't help, I would call Maclaren.

HTH,

raynjen
08-19-2002, 11:23 PM
I second that post. My Mac works so much better now that my DD is 18 lbs. I'm trying to recall at what weight it really started working well for us and I can't really say. I would say try borrowing a friend's child (or a sack of dogfood, whichever is more convenient) and try it out. If it still rattles with 20 lbs in it then I would see about exchanging it. Hope this helps!
Jen