PDA

View Full Version : Hey Newyorkers! - which stroller?

monicav
08-20-2002, 01:40 PM
We are going to New York City on vacation, and I want to know the best stroller for navigating the subways, streets, cabs, museums, etc. with my 5 month old. I would prefer one that has a full recline for naps or at least enough of a recline, lightweight, and it is a second stroller so I don't need lots of extras here (I live in the suburbs and use a Graco Metrolite just fine). I also have a wide price range so let me know your thoughts. We leave soon so I need help quick. Thanks

all4sanity
08-20-2002, 02:05 PM
By far the most popular stroller on the NYC streets these days is the Maclaren Techno - hands down! Since you don't need all the features, I'd suggest getting a different Maclaren model. I'm looking at the Quest. But since it will be an extra stroller you could get away with the Volo, but there's no recline. The Daytripper is nice too. I think that has 2 or 3 reclines. I've seen a lot of toddlers in the Daytrippers. I also love the color combinations on the Daytripper models.

If you can, I'd go to a baby super store and test your little one in each model to see how they sit. Some babies slouch in the Maclaren or just don't like the seat at all.

Hope that helps,
Marie

Shirale
08-20-2002, 02:15 PM
I agree that Mac is the way to go. When I was pregnant and deciding on a stroller I once tallied all the different brands that I saw while walking 20 or so blocks on the upper west side. I do not remember the exact results, but lets just say I saw a couple snap n gos, maybe 1 or 2 Pegs and about 50 Maclarens. Needless to say I bought the Mac (an Opus, now replaced by the even better Global) and I LOVE my stroller. Except that now I want an even lighter one so will prob buy a Vouge, maybe a day tripper...but there is nothing else for Manhatten. Enjoy your trip!