PDA

View Full Version : Stroller Confusion

NewTexasMom
08-20-2002, 05:03 PM
Ok, I know this subject has been covered over and over, but I get so confused reading a hundred posts!!! I have a Peg Perego Primo Viaggio travel system. The stroller is awesome, and my daughter seems to be comfortable in it. It is very lightweight, and also steers wonderfully with one hand during those times when my daughter is fussy. My problem is that this stroller doesn't fold very compactly. I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee so it runs out of space very quickly. With the stroller in the back, there's hardly room for much else. Hauling this bulky stroller, albeit light, in and out of my car gets tedious. I would like to get a lightweight stroller that folds compactly, reclines for when my 5-month old daughter wants to sleep, and steers well using only one hand.

I've seen several posts indicating that the Maclaren is the best lightweight stroller for what I want, but there are several Maclaren models. Some others have said that the Combi or Pliko is the best. I want to be sure I get the most for my money.

Also, I am thinking that when I buy a new stroller that I will sell my PP travel system. Any ideas for how much it would be worth and where to sell it? I bought it in March 2002 and have used it since the first of May until now (4 months). It is in very good shape.

I appreciate any help!!!

Thank you,

Krista

Momof3Labs
08-20-2002, 06:29 PM
Krista,

Can you test drive any of these strollers at a nearby store? No single stroller is best for everyone - but here's what we found on our test drives:

Maclaren is better for taller parents (my DH is 6'3" and was kicking the back of the Pliko and Combi). The different models seem to vary in plushness.

To me, the Combi is wobbly. It's also VERY lightweight, and many parents love it, but this bothered me.

The Maclaren is easier to steer with one hand than the Pliko.

If you decide to sell your travel system, I'd recommend trying eBay. I don't know how much you'll get for it (you can find out what others have gotten by searching completed items). You may want to rethink selling, though - you might want to have that bigger, plusher stroller available for day-long outings (zoo, museum) or walks in the neighborhood.

Good luck!

Lori

NewTexasMom
08-21-2002, 11:24 PM
Thanks for all your help. I just ordered a Maclaren Techno. We'll see how it works for us!!!

Krista