PDA

View Full Version : Combi Ultra Savvy

HelenR
08-20-2002, 05:20 PM
I purchased this high end stroller but after less than two months of use the locking mechanism has broken. It's now completely useless as I do a lot of travel and without the lock it's difficult to gate check on planes and is difficult to store. I've tried contacting Combi, emailing, leaving voice mail and even waiting for a customer service rep for 20 minutes on the phone but I still haven't had a response from them. I'm extremely disappointed with the quality of this product given the cost and the lack of customer service. Has anyone else had the same problem? What can I do to get it fixed, replaced or my money back? I'm so disappointed I would prefer to take my business elsewhere.

Thanks

emmiem
08-20-2002, 09:01 PM
I have been using my stroller for about one year and my locking mechanism is also about shot. I can lock it sometimes by adjusting it when it closes. I think that the airlines broke mine by throwing it into the plane at gate check time. The lock loosened after my second airline trip.

HelenR
08-21-2002, 03:15 PM
I finally heard back from Combi and they will be sending me a new stroller. They say they have fixed the locking mechanism so it shouldn't happen again. I'm very satisfied with that response...finally.

rachelfran
08-21-2002, 04:18 PM
that's wonderful.. i had heard very good things about their customer service from others...

do you have to send yours back to them?

magda2B
08-25-2002, 07:25 PM
My locking mech. broke BEFORE I even have the baby! We were just trying to find a place to hang it on the wall of our teeny, tiny garage so I wouldn't run over it. Luckily my father figured out how to fix it in about 3 minutes. Combi put a screw in the locking mechanism that is too short. He switched the screw for a tad longer one and voila, it works great.