PDA

View Full Version : Weights for front of Umbrella Stroller?

shellifab
08-21-2002, 07:26 AM
Does anyone out there know where I can find the weights you can attach to the front on an umbrella stroller so that it will not tip when you hang bags from the back?

What are they called and who makes them?

Thanks for the help!

Shelli

Peanut
08-22-2002, 09:50 PM
i saw them at the Right Start store.

you might want to check their catalog online.

Anna

Peanut
08-22-2002, 10:11 PM
just checked the right start online.
not there.
i did see it at the store last weekend.
you might want to go to the store or call them.

Anna

strollerqueen
08-23-2002, 01:18 AM
They are called "Tip me Nots." THere is another device that some people use on Maclarens and like. It is a kickstand, like those that attach to a bicycle. I'll see if I can find one of these for you, if someone doesn't beat me to it. Or you might try One Step Ahead. They usually have stuff like that.

Peanut
08-23-2002, 08:53 AM
i did buy the kick stand from one step ahead for my mac tech xt.

why add on extra weight to an light umbrella stroller.

Anna

egoldber
08-23-2002, 12:53 PM
I also have the kickstand on my Mac Mistral and like it. But it does also add about a pound to the stroller.

angusmom
08-26-2002, 11:26 AM
Last I heard, the Tip Me Not/Baby Bonanza company went out of business. All the inventory was liquidated and sold to SIMO USA. I think they got a lot of inventory, so I'm sure you can still find the product around. And maybe they have bought the right to manufacture the product once they run out.

Their web site is at:
http://www.simostrollers.com/
but they don't list the Tip Me Nots so I guess you'd have to contact them and ask.

Good luck!

shellifab
08-26-2002, 11:34 AM
Thanks everyone for all of your help. I am going to look for one of those kickstands. I suppose you are all right about not adding extra weight to a lightweight stroller. That does seem kind of silly doesn't it!!

In the meantime I did buy 2 ankle weights for aerobic working out in Sports Authority and attached them to the front of the stroller. They are working great so far!!

egoldber
08-26-2002, 01:52 PM
I got my Stroller Kickstand at BRU. I have also seen them online at One Step Ahead and The Right Start. They are about $10-$12 depending on where you buy them.

HTH,