PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone LOVE their Pliko??

all4sanity
08-22-2002, 07:55 PM
Okay, so I've convinced myself that the Venezia is a waste of money. I've proud to have finally come to this decision! :)

I went to TRU today and was looking at the Pliko. I love the look, cushioning, and features of this, but I'm concerned about the problems of steering with one hand. To be honest, I tried it out and it was fine with no baby in the seat!

I was thinking of going with: Kolcraft Carseat Stroller for basic everyday use and then Pliko here and there. Then a Maclaren when the baby is a few months older and can sit properly. I don't want to have just a Maclaren as we are out and about quite often and would like something comfortable for all day outings.

Would the Pliko be suitable for me? We live in NYC and have a country house in PA with relatives in the LI suburbs.

I would love to find something that's sold in BBB or BRU/TRU as I'll be registering for these items and family members already mentioned they would purchase them. I feel limited, but would rather not shell out all the cash for these strollers myself. (Please understand and do not judge me on this one.)

Appreciate any comments!
Marie

riostoker
08-23-2002, 08:26 AM
I do love my Pliko, but to be honest, if you're starting out with the carseat stroller and then planning on getting a Mac, I'm not sure you really need the Pliko. When your baby is really tiny, he won't be that comfortable in the Pliko by himself. He'll be more comfortable in the carseat stroller. (At least that was my take on it when mine was little). By the time my daughter really looked comfortable in the Pliko without the car seat (I had the travel system), I think she would have been fine in the Mac.

Living in NYC, you'll really love having the Mac for going up/down stairs, getting in cabs, etc.

You may just want to start out with the carseat stroller, and just wait to see if you really think you'd use the Pliko.

If family members are wanting to buy generous gifts, go ahead and get the Mac from them!!

Of course, if you really think you want something in addition to the Mac and the carseat stroller, then the Pliko would be a great choice! Comfy, reasonably lightweight, folds up reasonably small, etc. The one handed steering isn't great, but if you're going to have a Mac also, you can use it when you think you'll be steering with one hand! :) I'm able to steer the Pliko with one hand, just not as easily as a Mac.

lvp49
08-23-2002, 02:25 PM
Keep in mind that you will want to have something that lays flat once the baby is out of the car seat carrier. I find that this is what I use my Peg for most often now, longer outings when naps are necessary. It has a big sun shade, and she's comfy in it. My sister recently took her Venezia on vacation, and at first I thought she was crazy to drag it through the airport and onto the plane, but she could'nt have done without it. Her 18 month old son took his naps in it everyday. Your plan for the Mac may work for you, but make sure you get one that lays flat. My Vogue 2001 does not. Good Luck!!

Michigan Mama
08-24-2002, 08:23 AM
I've got a Pliko too. My little boy, 11 weeks, still is riding in the carseat when we go for walks and to the mall. He gets very bothered by being in it for too long as he loves to look at things from a sitting-up position, like in the Baby Bjorn - which he adores! When was the earliest that your little one was able to sit in the Pliko without the carseat?

egoldber
08-24-2002, 08:39 AM
I was able to use my Venezia with Sarah in the mid-recline position when she was about 4 months old. They need some head control, but not perfect head control. Sarah also hated being completely flat in the stroller. Even when she napped in the stroller, I could not recline it completely flat. The middle recline position has always been best for us. This is also why I have no trouble with the not really full recline on my Mac Mistral. It has always been a sufficient recline for her.

You could also add an insert like the Snuzzler or StrollerSoft to the stroller. This would provide a bit more head and neck support.

HTH,