PDA

View Full Version : I have a Pliko but need a travel/lighter stroller. Can't decide btwn Maclaren Mistral/Quest (China issue) /Ultra Savvy?

Instyle_mom
08-22-2002, 09:57 PM
I currently have a Peg Pliko and would like to purchase a second stroller (for travel, etc). I have been doing extensive research on the net and message boards, and have narrowed it down to two choices: 1. Maclaren Mistral/Quest or 2. Combi Ultra Savvy 2001 model (because I've heard that the 2002 models are heavier).
However, here are my dilemmas with each: (a) If I get the Maclaren, I want the UK made Maclaren but that means the Quest is out of the picture. I haven't been able to test the Mistral because they are not available in nearby stores. I heard that the Mistral's wheels gave many people problems and the ride is very rickety. Any thoughts on quality, and the China made Quest would be very appreciated.

(b) I don't want the new 2002 ultra savvy because the weight would be too similar to the Pliko. However, I've also heard that the closing mechanism on the 2001 model was a problem for some people. Any thoughts on the quality and comparison between the two models and where I could get my hands on a UK made Mistral would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

hipmaman
08-23-2002, 08:52 PM
I answered you on the PP Stroller Board last night.

jillv123
08-28-2002, 07:27 PM
Hi there.

I don't know about the MACs however I have the 2001 Ultra Savvy. It is light but is way too rickety for me (especially for the $299 I paid). I only use it indoors around the house( although at 11 mos that's not an option for my DD anymore). It is also a pain to collapse. I now use the Mountain Buggy Urban as my everything stroller and am considering getting a MAC Techno for travel.