PDA

View Full Version : Need feedback on Aria Twin/Still searching for discontinued Daytripper Duo.

rrstern
08-25-2002, 10:26 PM
I saw the Aria Twin and really liked it -- only 16 pounds. Was much lighter then the Maclaren doubles and seemed just as easy to manuever. Anybody has one? Would love feedback. Is it durable? I'm searching for a light SBS double stroller that is very good quality for a hefty toddler (35 lbs) and 2 month old. I'm not into jogging strollers and I saw the Mountain Buggy and didn't like it, it is very heavy and large. Only good if you never have to lift it or fold it, I thought. THanks everyone!

twins r fun
08-26-2002, 09:36 AM
I too am interested in the aria twin to replace my baby trend sbs which is getting impossible to steer as my twins get heavier. I have not seen the aria twin so don't know how wide it is, etc., but I have two single arias and really love them. They are extremely light, very easy to steer, fold small and easily, and have a great recline for infants. One issue for your newborn-in our case the babies really slumped in the upright position until they figured out that they liked to hold onto the napper bar and not lean against the back of the stroller. They didn't seem uncomfortable when slumped, but it bothered me! The other issues are the sunshade is pretty useless and the basket is kind of small. All in all I think the single arias are great if you're looking for something light and would think the double is too. Let me know if you get it and I'll do the same!

Nicole

rrstern
08-26-2002, 05:47 PM
I think newborns just slump anyway. Both of mine did unless I pushed back their heads and used a blanket around their heads to support them better. The Aria twin has a huge basket, and a useless sunshade. They don't fully recline, but that doesn't matter to me. I hope I hear from others. Reb

twins r fun
08-26-2002, 06:24 PM
That's funny-you consider the basket huge and I think it's small. I guess it depends what you're used to!

Nicole

Tondi G
08-26-2002, 11:22 PM
Don't know much about the Aria twin but I have seen it around and it looks like the parents enjoy them! Just a heads up.... if the canopy is useless there are some shade extender things that are sold that basically clip onto the existing canopy and really look like they do the job well.... check right start or I remembered someone saying something about a pepeny shade???? maybe there is a website! GOod Luck either way!

riostoker
08-27-2002, 01:15 PM
I just got my Pepeny shade a few days ago from skin-savers.com, and I love it already! It attaches to any stroller that has a hood (so it won't work on the Mac Volo unless you have the accessory kit), and it is made of fabric that blocks UV-rays.

I was a little disappointed when I first put it on my jogger because I didn't think it was adding much protection (the jogger already has a very generous hood). Then, I realized that it was adding a ton of shade on the sides! Yea!

For strollers with small hoods though, it is fantastic!

Here's the link:
http://skin-savers.com/Accessories/Miscellaneous/index.html