PDA

View Full Version : Double stroller that will hold the Century Smartfit infant carrier

Fleasa_1
08-26-2002, 07:32 PM
I purchased the Century Smartfit infant car seat/carrier for my daughter who will be 23 months old when my second child is born next month. I have a Combi stroller that I was able to fit the carrier on for the first few months instead of laying her down in the stroller. I am looking for a double stroller I can use right away with the two of them. Since Century no longer exists I'm not holding my breath for them to put one out but does anyone know of a double stroller that will hold the Century carrier? I think I would prefer a tandem and would use it mostly for walks around the neighborhood (suburban NJ) and indoor shopping. If not, any suggestions on what I can do? It is feasible to just lie the infant down in one of the seats, right? I am thinking I want to get a double jogging stroller but was going to wait until the new baby can support itself.

genevieve
08-26-2002, 07:41 PM
If you are looking for a double jogging stroller you might want to check out the double Mountain Buggy. I own the Mountain Buggy Urban Single and I love it. When I purchased it they did not have a clip available for an infant seat. However, they just came out with one. We use this stroller as our main stroller for long outings. I find that it handles well in the mall as well as on rough terrain.

I used the Combi Convenience 6610 for the infant seat attachment. After my son out grew the infant seat, I found that I did not like using this stroller. It also takes up the entire trunk of my car. I just sold it and purchased a light weight umbrella stroller for quick runs. As much as I love my Mountain Buggy, it does not fit well in my car (it fits great in my husbands SUV).

You can look at the Mountain Buggys on their website www.mountainbuggyusa.com.

Good luck