PDA

View Full Version : 16:31:10

08/31/2002
01-01-1970, 12:00 AM

ameelo
09-07-2002, 12:44 PM
I've been in communications with Kari (I think she's the Director of US Sales). Anyhoo, she's answered alot of my questions and sent me some swatches. Also, when I told her that the Frog was recommended on this and PP's board, she added the threads to the Bugaboo US site.

So now, I'm gonna order my Bugaboo because I simply can't wait till Dec-Jan to have my new stroller. So I am in the process of emailing Bugaboo Holland.

Deborah (UCCOMAMA), did they respond quickly to your original email? I sent mine two days ago and still no reply. Also, how did they quote you prices? Was it off their site or just via email quotes? Also, what color did you get? I think that Quinn1 got the red but I am leaning towards the orange or the gray. The orange, gray, and the aub color is trimmed with navy as opposed to the tan and its actually a really pretty orange (if there is such a thing!)

Will I get tired of the orange/navy combo? Please ring in with your opinions of the colors.

www.bugaboo.nl/us

go to bugaboo frog - options - color

The orange is not even close to being as bright as the website swatch. Infact, none of the colors are as bright. They are all on the darker, muted side...except the gray and navy which looks pretty similar.

Quinn1...what accessories did you get? I am thinking of ordering the complete, the footmuff, bag clips, transport bag, fleece blanket, and the umbrella. Are any of these ridiculous?

Thanks,
Amee

uccomama
09-07-2002, 06:06 PM
I found they answered my emails within one or two days. But they have just moved their offices, so it is possible they aren't up and running yet, which would explain the delay. They were very, very helpful to me.

They will send you an email with an attachment with the price list in Euros (take off 19 percent for VAT). I still have the info so email me at [email protected] and I will be happy to forward it to you.

I have the orange and love it. It looks really cool with the navy inside the hood. It is very distinctive but not over the top kwim?!

The only accessories I got was the bag clips (very useful) and the board. I really didn't need any thing else. I think the luggage bag would be a necessity if you plan to travel with the stroller though.

If you have anymore questions ask away. I also have tons of pix of mine if you would like me email them to you.

I am so excited for you Amee!

Deborah

mama2be
09-07-2002, 11:48 PM
Deborah,

Thanks for all of the excellent insight to the Bugaboo...would you be so kind as to email me some of your pics...I would love to see them. I am insearch of the pram/stroller of great quality.
Thanks tons!!!!
[email protected]

starrynight
09-12-2002, 12:33 PM
Oh why did I read this thread, I want a FROG! :cry There is NO way I am gonna convince dh to buy that stroller considering we aren't having more kids and I only spend a hundred bucks on my crib how am I gonna justify $700 for a stroller. Oh well I can drool and dream can't I?

jojo2324
09-12-2002, 12:36 PM
I am the same way...I am trying to see how I can possibly convince DH to let me have it...We already have a SNG, PP Milano, and Combi Convenience. Strollerqueen, how do you do it? Do you buy on the sly? It's easy enough with clothes (oh yeah...granma sent those), but a stroller? Let us know your secrets!

spa
09-13-2002, 11:08 AM
Hey ladies. Thanks to this board, I got in touch with a pal at Entertainment Weekly, and there's a little piece about the stroller in the issue that hits newsstands today. So, consider yourselves sources for the story :-)

APG
09-15-2002, 09:28 PM
I saw the story. I was going to post about it

jfolker
09-16-2002, 01:31 PM
What issue is it in? I flipped through Sept. 13th, but couldn't find it. Thanks.

sntm
09-17-2002, 11:36 AM
Dammit! I was so happy that I had researched strollers enough to think I really wanted an Inglesina Planet in Fire so that I could watch for sales this year and now I am dying over this Bugaboo! I haven't even seen the SATC episode yet -- just got the tapes from my mom, but y'all talked it up so much that I have pored over the website. Chip is going to kill me if he finds out I'm looking at a $700 stroller!!! :P

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)

redchannah
09-25-2002, 01:30 PM
Is this the super stroller everyone is looking for. I would love to just buy one stroller and be done. Do any of you think thats possible?

pricetl
09-26-2002, 05:36 PM
Wow. It sure looks incredible on the website! I live in Japan, so will go look at it at Comme Ca du Mode. Their customer service said that they sell it. I am sure the price will be even higher than in the U.S. I wrote to the Fields about it and they said they would look into it. I look forward to their review. In Japan, I need a sturdy, durable, lightweight stroller because I don't have a car. This seems to be the one...but the price is staggering.

pricetl
09-28-2002, 01:33 AM
I tried out the Bugaboo today and I LOVED it. I took my husband and son with me. My son loved that he could sit up straight and lean over the bar and watch the ground (one of his favorite things to do). The handle is very high for tall people (husband is 6'1"). The ride is very smooth (and the tires weren't even pumped up). We both loved it. My concerns are that the bag underneath is attached by velcro, so might fall off and the wheel base is fairly wide (too wide to go through the train station ticket wicket. The canopy has good coverage and the stroller feels really sturdy overall. The price here for the "complete set" runs around $1000, as each component must be purchased separately. Yikes!

nola
10-09-2002, 01:51 PM
Hi Amee,
Did you get the Bugaboo Frog? I was curious about your experience with the purchase and the time it took to receive the product?
Also, do you feel the sunshade is big enough?
Thanks, Nola

pricetl
10-09-2002, 06:33 PM
Bugaboo Frog owners,

I am seriously considering getting a Bugaboo Frog. I can buy one here in Japan (I"m an American living here). My concerns are that it seems difficult to fold (I don't mind the 2 parts, but the actual folding seems tricky) and the basket underneath is held on by 4 little tabs of velcro. What do you think of these 2 features? Are they okay?

Thanks!
Tracy

ameelo
10-09-2002, 06:43 PM
Hi Nola,

Well...I've kinda bought the Bugaboo Frog. I wired the money a couple of weeks ago. So I wait and wait and wait. Turns out there is this nasty west coast dock strike so everything is delayed. But that wasn't it! The wire got lost somehow. So the bank took DAYS to track it down. Good thing too because I changed my order to exclude the carrycot. Rewired the money. Guess what?!? They misplaced the paperwork this time! They're trying to track it down. Soooo, no. WAHHHHHH.

But Mieke has been very patient with me through the whole fiasco. Deborah said that it took about a week to get hers once she wired the money. We use the same bank so people must be much smarter where she's from. Ha ha.

So have you decided to get it? Deborah says that its a breeze to take apart once you get the hang of it. As for two parts banging around in my trunk...well, the more the merrier! LOL. As for the travelbag. I didn't get it in the end. I figured that I could always get it from the US distributor if I decided to but to tell the truth...there's NO WAY that an airline is getting ahold of my Bugaboo...cushioned or not. It would have to be wrapped up in bubble wrap and then sprayed with foam for me to travel with it! I guess you could always store the stroller in it when not in use. LOL. To keep it from getting dusty and keep it nice and shiny. Hee hee.

Good luck with the birth!

Amee

nola
10-10-2002, 06:27 PM
Hi Amee,
No, I haven't decided to get it. But, I want it.
The MB urban single seems more practical in most respects and it is half as much. (Can you believe I found a stroller that makes the MB seem inexpensive?) Those two factors seem to be holding me up. But, I really like the bugaboo.
IF I bite the bullet and get the BF, I still need to decide on the travel bag. Like you said, it is hard to imagine turning it over to the airlines, but it might be even harder for me to leave home without it. At this point I cannot *imagine* using any other stroller if I owned a Frogger. (Strollerqueen and long list of others are probably chuckling and shaking their heads..) Except, I will eventually want a three wheeler when the baby is old enough to jog with me... again, the you can see the good sense of the MB.
Keep me posted, Amee (and Tracy, too). I am dying to hear your story.
N

ameelo
10-11-2002, 11:51 AM
Hi Nola,

Well, I'm not quite sure about a MB Urban if you are going to use it for any type of jogging. I believe it has 12 inch wheels and my 16 inch wheels are barely adequate for my running. I'm not a huge runner but I log about 15-20 a week. But otherwise, the Urban would be wonderful for all of the various terrain since it has a fixable-swivel wheel and still weighs less than 20 lbs. Does it have an infant carrier attachement? I'm not sure.

As for the Bugaboo, I think that in the long run, it will be the most versitle stroller...keeping in mind that I will always have a separate jogger. The only think that keeps me from recommending it to new mommies is that it doesn't have a infant carrier attachment bar...well other than the one for the Maxi. Maybe that bar will also work for others. You'd basically have to take the BF into BRU and try a bunch of carriers. Although, Kari from Bugaboo USA says that one will be coming out soon. I highly recommend using an infant carrier for the first 4-6 months or so. I know that alot of people think that its just an additional expense because the babies grow out of them so quickly but frankly, I wouldn't have survived the first three months if I hadn't been able to pop him out of the car still asleep and just place the carrier in his crib. NEVER WAKE A SLEEPING BABY! LOL. Unless you are having thriving issues, of course.

I can honestly say that from my limited experience, I have gleaned a couple of tenets of the stroller/baby gear dilemma.

*Always get the lightest, most compact item that will fulfill your needs. The more often and/or quickly (zip in/out) you will use it, the lighter it needs to be.

*Accept that you are going to buy multiple items geared towards a specific function. In the long run, it will save you money. I am on my 9th stroller because the first four were trial runs. LOL. I wanted the most bang for my buck. I didn't mind spending more money but I wanted one stroller to do it all. And then I found out that while it did fill several functions, they didn't fulfill any one function particularly well. So I would be constantly using a lackluster stroller, no matter the situation. I've finally realized that I will need four strollers in my stable. A lightweight, zippy umbrella stroller. A reclining travel stroller (some people don't need this or merge this with the first.) A main stroller. A jogging stroller. And if I'm feeling particularly decadent, a really HEAVY, yet incredibly plush stroller or pram. But that is just me. Your needs might be different and they will be evolve. Hopefully, it won't be take $3,000 and a divorce like me. (JK on the divorce but it sure has been an issue.)

*Listen to your elders! (well, in stroller/baby gear experience chronolgy). At least you are doing well by coming to this board. I didn't have a clue. I am assuming that you are also lurking/posting on the PP stroller board? Many of the same members but the PP board moves a bit faster and has a better breadth/depth of knowledge.

*Sometimes you just want it! It may not make sense, you may not be able to afford it...but darn it all, you're gonna get it! Thats OK too. Afterall, you're a new mommy and you should get whatever you want because your life is already more stressful than you could ever imagine. BTW, this excuse has a time limit so get as much mileage out of it as you can.

Amee

newbelly2002
11-04-2002, 09:38 AM
I posted this elsewhere, but just to cover all my bases. . .

We also are considering the Bugaboo. We live in Berlin with DS who is 3 months old and are hoping for this to be our ONLY stroller.

The three we are consdering are: Bugaboo; Teutonia's Y2K (2003); and Mountain Buggy's Terrain. One of our big concerns is stability vs. manueverability.

Anyone have any thoughts?

TIA!
Paula

egoldber
11-04-2002, 11:50 AM
The only negative I have heard about the Bugaboo is for travel. Since it doesn't "fold" but becomes two pieces, it may be a bit tricky to check for airplane travel and possibly for putting in taxis, etc. Something to think about. That would be MY concern if I were only going to have one stroller.

HTH,