PDA

View Full Version : MB Urban - Single or Double?

lukkykatt
02-06-2003, 11:10 PM
I am going to look at the MB, based on all the great reviews. I have 2 children - one just turned 3, and the other 8 months. I also have 2 strollers, neither of which I am crazy about - Combi Spirit and Peg Tender. So, the MB will replace one of these. I am trying to make this my last stroller purchase (ha!), and am wondering if I should get a single or double. Will the double fit in my Passat wagon? How long do you find that toddlers are willing to sit in a stroller? Mine is quite content for now, but I am wondering how long that will last. Any advice?

strollerqueen
02-07-2003, 04:56 AM
Go for the double. My DD will be 5 in May, and as long as little brother gets to ride, she wants to ride! I know some kids who are still riding at 7! They do get tired, especially on all day excursions. You really, really still need a double. I think it should fit in your wagon just fine. It seems to fit in most car trunks OK. That said, you also might want to consider a lighter weight single, for quick ins and outs. There are some great prices on new Maclaren Daytrippers on Ebay right now. Or, you could even buy something cheaper at BRU, like an Evenflo Featherlight? or Graco Kite? Ok, now I'm out of my element. I better quit while I'm ahead!

pamela mom of 3
02-09-2003, 09:05 PM
I agree with strollerqueen, i'm one of those with the 7yo rider, all three of my kids are in/out of my MBDU....trust me i kept wanting to think i was done with doubles with having a 2, 4 and almost 7yo but i'd be dreaming to say i am LOL

They steer so well with the older kids in them, you don't care who rides..unlike some strollers i have run into where it's like please don't get in it's to hard to push. ;)