PDA

View Full Version : Bjorn Clamshell Diaper Bag -- feedback?

zen_bliss
02-07-2003, 05:23 AM
anybody have a review on this bag?
i just saw one today and am completely entranced... but quite *wowed* by the price.

anyone want to sell theirs? : )

Calmegja
02-07-2003, 09:18 AM
I have this bag, and really like it, but it is not a tote around bag. It's terrific for when we visit someone, or the ped's office, but it is a little on the heavy side for slinging over your shoulder and going on your business....Mine stays in the car most of the time....

The pockets and design, though, can't be beat. I use my Kenneth Cole, and my Land's End LT most of the time when I'm out, but I love the design of the Bjorn, and how easy the access is. It's just not streamlined enough for every day use....

lukkykatt
02-07-2003, 11:57 AM
I've seen them from time to time at Marshalls, if you want to try to get one at a lower price.

caroliner
02-07-2003, 01:18 PM
I have one and got it new, but a little cheaper on Ebay. I agree that it is not a traveling about town type bag, but was a wonderful bag to have on the two cross country plane trips we have taken. It is so easy to open and so easy to find things in. Like strollers, I have found that you can't get by with just one diaper bag. For about the town, I love my Combi Urban Sling.

zen_bliss
02-08-2003, 10:14 PM
baby catalog of america has them for 69.99 (+ 10% off if you are a Member) and shipping is only about $2! they have them in the hard to find city gray as well as the black and the blue. i did find a blue one at marshall's ($69.99) -- thanks for the tip!

wdland45
02-08-2003, 11:26 PM
When I was pregnant, my sister (mom of three) convinced me that this was the bag for me. She got it for me for my shower. I used it about 15 times and hated it! It is very heavy (even empty) and bulky. Not useful for the mall crawl. When I changed the baby on the diaper dock, there was no place to put the bag because it opened up so wide. Regardless of what they said about it opening with one hand, it was not true, because you needed to unzip the thing, and it required two hands to do it. And you can't just reach in and grab something, you actually do have to unzip it to get at what you want. Also, it may not fit in your stroller basket because of its size. It was ok for going to visit friends because you could spread the bag out (it is quite wide when it is opened). And, finally, I felt this was a one baby bag. It didn't hold a heck of a lot in my opinion. Yes, this bag looks great, but it is in no way practical for everyday use. If you get this bag, you will absolutely need another practical, everyday bag. If you are still hoping to get one, I did see a few at Marshall's last week(navy only, $69.99) so they may have them at a Marshall's near you. I hope this helped.

Danielle

mama2be
02-09-2003, 05:20 PM
I was just about tos ay I saw one at Marshalls this week...