PDA

View Full Version : I just ordered a MBUD and they are out of grape...

stella
02-07-2003, 02:39 PM
Should I wait til March for grape or call all the retail shops (I ordered from Sycamore kids) to see if they have it or just order another color - I also like spruce and red - that grape is just really cute IMO.

I have wanted this stroller for so long that I hate to wait - and it may not even be here by March 3 (like he says it will).

I know it's trivial, but what would you do?

thanks -

pamela mom of 3
02-09-2003, 09:01 PM
HOnestly get the color you like best, they are alot of money and you don't want to keep looking at and saying "gee i wished i'd got it in__"

I have a grape single urban and my double urban is spruce...funny enough i think the spruce suits the double..don't think *i'd* like it in the grape..just too much purple for my taste..

If you'd like to see my urbans just ask..i have pictures..LOL ;)

stella
02-11-2003, 12:47 PM
Well I would love to see your pictures!

Especially since I went ahead and ordered the spruce - dh thought the green was "ordinary" but I explained to him that from my research here, the stroller is so un-ordinary that the color isn't the distinguishing factor!

I don't know when it will be here, but the order was placed on Monday morning with Alan in Arizona (correct?), and I'm in Texsa so it shouldn't be all that long. I'm so excited because carrying the "little" one (11 wks, 14 lbs!!) in the Bjorn while I push her 19 month brother in the zooper is killing me - although I am losing weight so maybe I shoudl keep it up!!

thanks for the input and I do want to see those pictures!

yahud
02-11-2003, 01:58 PM
If you can hold off for a month the second wave of 2003s will be released -- these have a thin layer of padding in the fabric. Sycamore Kids says it's just cosmetic... but padding is a nice idea and there's nothing wrong with a cosmetic improvement even if that's all it is.
(Of course if you already placed the order then disregard this message!)
Y

pamela mom of 3
02-11-2003, 10:12 PM
Hi.

Here is my site, you'll find it on the MB page LOL
http://pages.ivillage.com/cl-pamelamomof3

The double really does suit the spruce.....btw both of my urbans are 2003 models.

HTH & Congrats!
:-)

etwahl
02-12-2003, 06:45 AM
http://www.juststrollers.com/product.asp?3=15

Just Strollers has grape available - $529 and free shipping.

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

yahud
02-12-2003, 12:53 PM
Has anyone had any bad (or good) experiences with juststrollers? Their price on the carry cot is $30 less than Sycamore Kids', and all their other accessories are substantially cheaper as well.

As for the padding, MB is awaiting government inspection and approval of the new padded versions. So all the 2003s currently being sold are unpadded models, sort of 02/03 hybrids. The *new* new 2003s will be available in March, I am told. Perhaps someone has seen a padded model? Does it make a difference?

Y

etwahl
02-12-2003, 02:03 PM
You could also try checking www.babystyle.com. I just looked it up there and they seem to have a MBUD in grape for $519. I didn't look at the accessories, or what they charge for shipping, but they do often come out with some pretty good coupons as well, although they usually say "not good on gear". Something to consider. I've always had great experience shopping with Babystyle. I've had things usually show up the following day when I ordered from the, but I am in California (where they are located) so it probably takes a little longer for other locations...but definitely worth a look!

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

pamela mom of 3
02-12-2003, 02:48 PM
Well i have seen the padding, both of my urbans have it because i am in canada, we don't have to meet CA regs, so we got the foam already.

Does it make a difference? well yeah i think so, but you can add a padded insert so that avoids the problem. The foam is maybe 1/2IN.. 1/4IN thick i would say and only runs up the back.

The ones without the foam are pretty ridgid but my kids have not complained about the difference between the 02 no/foam and 03/foam..but they are older, a baby/infant may not find it as comfy and i would probably suggest a pad insert, i have a kiddompotamus pad that fits my non-padded 02 very well and it's not costly at all. Of coarse their are more pricey options.

So i guess my feeling is the foam is an improvement but you can solve the problem of not having foam by adding a pad. Really depends on how badly you need it, if you can wait i would, if not then a extra pad will fix the problem.

HTH
:)

gravymommy3
02-12-2003, 05:19 PM
Stella,

You are going to love your buggy. We just got back from a week at Disney with our new MBUD and it was a dream ride! The older kids absolutely love their buggy! We ordered it in Ocean Cloud and it is pretty. This thing steers wonderfully, fit through every door and gate and even on the boats that run between the hotels and MGM and EPCOT..

We ordered ours from Baby Outfitters and they have been wonderul. They have worked with me to solve my needs! I felt like royalty having this buggy at Disney. I even had quite a few people ask me about the buggy while we were there. Hope you have as good a time with yours as we have with ours.

Amy

stella
02-13-2003, 12:13 AM
Thanks! I am so excited - it'a birthday present from my MIL who probably thinks I'm crazy - I know DH does!

But we like to walk and I am tired of walking miles with Baby in the Bjorn. She is heavy!!

I appreciate all the tips - and I already ordered!! Alan told me that he checked all his retail sources who would have grape in stock and no one did.

But it's not a big deal - I love the spruce and although I wish I had the foam, none of the earlier raves were raves for the foam models, so I think we'll be fine.

I just can't wait to get it!!

cblasko
02-13-2003, 10:17 PM
Hi Amy,

I want to hear about your travel experiences with the Mountain Buggy. How did you do through the airport? Did you buy the carry case? Please tell!

Cindy
Mommy-to-Grant
Fellow Ocean Cloud MBU owner

gravymommy3
02-15-2003, 03:53 PM
Cindy,

We drove so I can't help you on the airport thing. I would image you could check it. We threw ours on top of the SUV in the carry case. The case is very nice. No problems. Actually, on the ride home, we took the wheels off (very simple off and on!) and threw it between front seat and DD's car seat cause it was raining and we didn't want to mess with strapping it on the roof. It fit through all the doors and gates at Disney! It is the bomb. The older kids love their "bug" and cannot wait to ride in it. Our does not have the padding but you can insert some in it if you want to. Even my 15 month old liked it somewhat (she preferred to ride in the hip hammock but would tolerate not being on mommy for a few minutes!) My only regret is that I did not have this thing years ago. It is wonderful. We have the handle bar extender - very cool! and the rain cover - also very cool!. Hope that helps.

Amy

cblasko
02-15-2003, 06:52 PM
Amy,
Thanks for the info. It definitely helps. We also bought the rain cover, and we will probably get the case and the sun cover at some point. I'm also waiting for the padding from Baby Outfitters. Hopefully the issue holding that up will get resolved soon.
You just never hear about anyone who is unhappy with a MB purchase.
Thanks again,
Cindy

gravymommy3
02-15-2003, 07:50 PM
Cindy,

I don't think the padding is that big of a deal. I mean, if you have to have padding, you can stick some fleece or polyfill in the seat, but they are comfortable without it. If you baby is very tiny, get a Snuzzler (Kit or Michelle will tell you about them). I would not stress over it or even wait for it. You are correct about never hearing a complaint. I love mine even though it is heavy (I have a very bad back but still love the sucker!)

Good luck

Amy