PDA

View Full Version : Strollerqueen - Question for you....

DDowning
02-07-2003, 04:53 PM
DH & I are going down to Heritage Baby tomorrow to check out the left over Emma's and the Teutonia's once more. I've read through past threads of something called a "Janet Coupon" or a "Strollerqueen Discount". Does this only work online through ebay or does Heritage Baby honor it in store? Curious! Thanks for any info!

acingit
02-07-2003, 06:04 PM
I called HB on the phone this week and they honored strollerqueen's discount, so I am sure they would do it in person--they were very accomodating. Strollers are shipped directly from the warehouse, so I don't know what they have on the floor.

Thanks to strollerqueen for arranging the discount--made me seem much more virtuous to DH who is tired of hearing about strollers!

BTW, do you think the HB pram is as well made as the original Emma Viking?

Barbara

DDowning
02-07-2003, 06:24 PM
Very cool to know! Thank you - That will make DH happy as well.

As far as the HB pram, they "say" its an exact duplicate but I have no experience otherwise. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

graciebellesmomma
02-08-2003, 05:51 AM
Hi there!
I'm new here, but had a couple things to add.
I ordered the Emmaljunga EC Sport stroller on Tuesday
from Heritage Baby. Today I recieved the Heritage Baby
Pram from them. They sent the wrong stroller. Needless to
say I was really disappointed and called right away.
We had made plans to take a hike tomorrow with friends
and our new stroller. Julie at HB was SOOOO nice and felt so bad.
She said take the one we sent you out of the box and
use it. We'll overnight the Emma to you, but please feel
free to use the pram and she told me that if we want to
keep both she could give me a fantastic deal on them
both, if not they'll use it as a floor model. Well now comes the dilemma,
I LOVE the HB pram. It's gorgeous and bouncy and comfy.
I can't imagine sending it back. I told my husband that the two together
will cost less than the Zooper Buddy that I originally wanted.
He still thinks I'm nuts. I am waiting anxiously to see the
Emma. I'll keep you all posted.
Oh and what the heck is the Strollerqueen discount???
kathleen

acingit
02-08-2003, 09:34 AM
If you mention the strollerqueen discount you get 10% off the prices on the emmas that are on sale. Strollerqueen is the screen name of someone who posts frequently, and is very knowledgeable about strollers--some very funny stories of all the ones she has tried.

Glad to hear you love the pram, I am waiting for mine to arrive.

Barbara

DDowning
02-08-2003, 11:22 PM
Okay, went down to the store and they had the Emma sport stroller on display out front. They also had the heritage classic pram. They are both very nice in their own right but alas, they weren't for us. I instead wound up ordering the Y2k/3 after all. I also ordered the bassinet option so that I can use it earlier than later. This stroller will never be broken down by me unless DH does it so the bulkiness I can overlook for the sake of quality and extra features. I'm looking forward to receiving it!

cvharris
02-09-2003, 12:53 AM
Do you mind sharing your thoughts on why the Emma sport and the heritage classic didn't work for you? I am curious about them, and haven't found much feedback. Thanks!

DDowning
02-09-2003, 12:47 PM
The Emma is very nice and is made of quality materials. For the money, its a really good deal. For us, we prefer something that had a little more versatility to it, like being able to use it from the time the baby's a newborn instead of waiting until they were older, or having a bassinet feature that can be used outside of the stroller. I guess its like the difference between buying a car with basic features and the same car with a lot of extra options - it comes down to personal taste and what you're comfortable with.

hardysmom
02-09-2003, 01:44 PM
I have a Y2K '02 I ordered from Heritage Baby and an Emma Husky. The Husky is lighter, folds better, and is a great stroller but I LOVE my Y2K!!

It is heavy and awkward sometimes, but such a joy to push. You get used to manuvering in tighter spaces pretty quickly. I even travel with it. My DS was almost 1 when I ordered, so we skipped the bassinet, but there is another mom on this board (in Berlin) who uses one and really seems to like it.

Currently, I am in the process buying a Teutonia Swing. Welcome to the club-- beware, they addictive.

Stephanie

TrinaCliff
02-09-2003, 09:10 PM
Stephanie...congrats that you are getting a Swing!!! What color? New, used? and from where? I hope you love it...and you're right...they are for sure addictive!!

Kristen

hardysmom
02-09-2003, 10:45 PM
Gosh.. I feel like I just got busted by the Teutonia Princess (or would that be Valkrie?)

Well, see, I THOUGHT I needed a new lightweight to replace the Vogue which Hardy hates and a Chicco 2002 to replace the Milano which is a pain to steer. I could only spend $150 or so total, so you can understand why the logical alternative would be a Swing, right?

While I was looking I actually saw your pictures (which are just so pretty) and then Janet (Strollerqueen) put her Swing on SWAP and then someone mentioned that HB still had one which they would discount and really, if you think about it, the Swing isn't much heavier than the Milano, so I COULD travel with it and if it was discounted or 2nd hand it wouldn't be that expensive and they are going to be so hard to find and Hardy is just getting bigger and bigger... And besides, he doesn't hate the Mac THAT much.

So, I am now waiting to hear from Janet to see if I can get hers (she is waiting to hear from someone who had to ask her DH's permission, so I'm optimistic). Just in case that falls through, HB is holding the remaing one for me until Tuesday.

I would love to have one of the BEAUTIFUL, bright european patterns like you have. I will end up with either the pretty blue (Janet's) or the black (which is so classic).

If all goes well, by the end of the week I will have 5 strollers (Y2K, Husky, Milano, Swing, Vogue) 4 of which are over 25 lbs! What am I thinking!

They just get under your skin, you know? I know YOU do! Stephanie.

TrinaCliff
02-10-2003, 11:39 PM
LOL!!! Ok, you are too funny! Teutonia Princess...maybe I should change my name? JUST KIDDING!!!!!

I do follow your thinking, actually, and I think you will love it! Either one would be great, and I'm sure you will be delighted with whichever one you end up with.

Are you going to get rid of the Vogue and Milano? Or just keep them as backups???

Keep us posted...can't wait to hear what you think about it!

Kristen

P.S. Thanks for the compliiment. :)

hardysmom
02-11-2003, 12:13 AM
I wish I could sell the Milano but it was a (very sweet) gift from my MIL. When I was preg, she flew up for a visit to go stroller shopping. It was a bonding moment. Little did we know (though some could have predicted) where this would all lead.

I am not sure about the Vogue-- Hardy really doesn't like it much, but it is handy.

I can't wait to have some news! When I am stroller shopping/obsessing I spend WAY too much time on the computer!! It is funny-- you could plot my stroller purchases by watching the spikes in my posting frequency. Then I get my fix and actually go outside for a while...

Will keep you posted! Steph.

strollerqueen
02-11-2003, 04:50 AM
Actually, I have never looked at the Kingston IRL, so I can't honestly say, either. I do have a Viking and love it, though!:-)

cthuynh91
02-14-2003, 09:11 PM
Kathleen -

I was wondering what your thoughts are about the Heritage Kingston and Emma EC (assuming you have received your Emma)? Everyone seems to rave about the Emma but not too many postings on the Kingston and I'm curious about your experience. I was thinking of getting the Kingston which seems to be more versatile with the bassinet and all and that you can use w/ a newborn.

Thanks in advance for the update.

Carina