PDA

View Full Version : Peg Pliko Trek or Maclaren Techno XT ???

cmesharpe
02-07-2003, 11:14 PM
My son is currently 3 1/2 months old and I've been using the snap-n-go to cart him around. It is very lightweight, and I've loved it. However, he is starting to get big and I'm considering either the Peg Perego Pliko Trek or the Maclaren Techno XT.
I am 5'1" tall and 120 lbs, so handle height and overall stroller weight is a concern. I've heard great things about both of the these strollers, and am having a hard time deciding between the 2.

The Pliko seems to be about 4 lbs heavier than the Maclaren, which makes a difference when your my size. But, I've heard that the Maclaren seats are not good for children under 6 months, due to a slope; however, I no nothing of whether the seats on the Pliko Trek are good for a child under 6 months.

My other concern about the strollers is that the Peg has a napper bar, where the Maclaren does not. Is this something I should concern myself with?? I've heard some parents say this is important, while others have told me that they never felt it was a concern.

Anyone who has experience with either of these strollers, or advice on which to get (or not to get), I'd love to hear from you. Please advise.

Many thanks!
Catherine

momathome
02-08-2003, 09:29 AM
I have a Maclaren Vogue and a Peg Pliko Sherpa and while I love both for different reasons, the Peg Pliko is definitely more infant-friendly. It has nearly a full recline and much nicer padding. The Maclarens are great toddler strollers and nice and light for travel but if someone told me I could only keep one of my strollers, the Peg would win for best overall stroller hands-down. I honestly don't know how much the napper bar matters. My baby (2 years old today!) doesn't seem to have a preference where this is concerned but she definitely sleeps better in the Peg. Good luck!
-Lauren

Tondi G
02-08-2003, 02:41 PM
I cut and pasted what I wrote to you on the car seat board!!!!

My vote would be with the Pliko! My son absolutely hated the seating on Macs and was a much happier baby in his Pliko! I am 5'5" and lift it into my SUV regularly.... it has the carry handle that makes it easier! The front napper bar is great ....we attatched a stroller toy bar that has a snack cup frog and a cup holder for bottles and sippy cups.... also has a musical bear and a ring stacker..... our son LOVES it!
I would rather buy the Pliko with the flat seat with a little extra weight than buy a Mac and take the chance that baby won't like it... then you'll be pushing the stroller and carrying baby all over (maybe thats why they made sure Macs are so easy to steer one handed... hehe!)

Good Luck.... I don't think you would be dissappointed with the Pliko.... we never have enough good things to say about ours to other people that ask! We use ours indoors and outdoors and it is great... handles the sidewalks in Los Angeles no problem!

~Tondi and Mason 7/8/01!

caroliner
02-10-2003, 02:24 AM
I have a Pliko and a Techno and my vote is also the Pliko. I love the Techno and think we'll use it more as Caroline gets older and also when she gets a sibling, but the full recline is necessary for a young baby, the extra padding is nice and Caroline loves the napper bar. We also have stroller toys on it, but she loves it even without the toys.

pamela mom of 3
02-10-2003, 02:15 PM
Were you looking at a 2003 techno?
From what i have understood the new 03 vogue/techno have more recline than past years so they maybe worth a further look.

As to a mac vs a pliko well i also own both..ah, well i own several macs and one plikomatic.

The pliko is certainly fine for a young baby, they are quite plush and sturdy strollers, however they do not steer as well as a mac but i do agree it's a tradoff thing, you gain more features with the pliko but trade ease of steering to get them.

I do really prefer macs for toddlers, they just tend to work better with them, i will say a pliko will work even with preschoolers my 4yo fits our pliko well.

:)