PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Mac Mistral

VickiH
02-08-2003, 03:02 PM
I just bought this on eBay. I plan on waiting until DS is a little older to use it, 6-8 mos maybe. Just wondering what Mistral owners thought about their strollers. I also thought about getting a Mac Vogue, 2000 or 2001, and I'm hoping I made a good choice going with the Mistral.

Thanks!

egoldber
02-08-2003, 03:20 PM
I have a 2001 Mistral and I really, really like it. It is very lightweight, a dream to push and very easy to use.

Enjoy!

stella
02-11-2003, 12:50 PM
Mine may be a 2001, but I really love it!!

We keep it in the car for all outings - we also have a volo (dh thought it was cool), but I prefer the mistral.

My baby used it starting at 6 wks, which probably was a little young, but once he was 3-4 months he did great in it and has always liked it.

Now he's in the volo and my new baby - 11 wks- uses the mistral when we're at the mall or a dept. store - and I have someone with me.

It's great stroller - you'll love it!

charigot
02-12-2003, 01:56 PM
Do you like the volo for your older son? I need to buy an umbrella stroller for my son for the summer (we have a Zooper Buddy and need something lighter for shopping and the zoo, etc). I am considering the volo, but I don't like how you have to buy the sun canopy separate. The volo is already expensive for an umbrella stroller and I'm a little put out about having to buy the other stuff, too.

Tondi G
02-12-2003, 02:04 PM
I would say to get the daytripper or mistral/quest since it has the hood and at least some padding... and even some recline! The Volo is good for indoors but I wouldn't take it to the Zoo outdoors without a sun shade!

Good Luck!
~Tondi

stella
02-13-2003, 12:18 AM
I would get a mistral/daytripper or a 2002 vogue or other full-featured model.

My husband likes the volo because it's cool - in design and it allows air circulation. I still have not figured out the canopy and quite frankly I like the recline and built-in canopy of the mistral better.

The volo is VERY light, but it just doesn't seem as comfortable - although my son has never complained.

I wouldn't buy it again, but then I don't like to squelch dh when he gets excited abbout a stroller. He's started to get revved up about the MBUD - he just likes cool designs.

And I love strollers - now if only we had unlimited resources!!