PDA

View Full Version : Graco snugride for Zooper Z-street? a few q's

cchavez
02-09-2003, 11:30 AM
We got our Zooper z-street about a month ago even thought baby is not due until late Aprl. We are considering the Graco Infant Snugride as our infant seat. Does it fit well with the zooper? I have "heard" it is the best fitting infant seat for the Z-street. Also, when your baby was really tiny did you use the infant seat with the stroller quite often or did you use just the stroller with the recline.

Finally, someone posted a while back that you could use the Zooper like a pram, how would you do this? TIA!

mam615
02-09-2003, 12:46 PM
I have been using the snugride w/ zstreet since October, and it's been great! As you probably know, the front bar on the stroller can be removed and replaced with the infant seat adapter bar. The snugride clicks right onto the bar, and then you snap the straps across the lower part of the snugride for a secure fit.

My baby is large (9 lbs at birth; now almost 18 lbs at 4mos), but I still primarily use the snugride instead of the stroller on its own, for a few reasons. She seems really comfy in the snugride, and even though she is large, she doesn't have excellent control of her neck yet, so I think she's just more secure in the snugride. Also, I like having her facing me, and I think it protects her from the wind better. And I like having her up a little higher. Once or twice I have taken her out in the stroller w/o the snugride, and it's nice because it's a little lighter to push.

To make it a "pram," I think you just recline it all the way and attach the cold weather boot. It won't be totally flat like a pram, though, and baby won't be facing you. During the early months (pram time), I'd prefer to use the snugride.

-michelle

cchavez
02-09-2003, 08:50 PM
Thanks so much!! Can't wait until baby gets here so I can use it!