PDA

View Full Version : Pliko or Venezia???

Kate123
02-10-2003, 01:53 AM
I need input. I just bought a Pliko not too long ago, but it was defective and I can either get another or get a Venezia. I have a 3 year old and a 6 month old. I have a 1999 Martinelli Milano XL which I am going to sell as I want something smaller anyway and I really want a 5 point harness.

Any comments? I like them both for different reasons.
Kathy

blnony
02-10-2003, 09:50 AM
I have been using my Venezia for 6 months now, and I really don't like it. My husband calls it the $300 piece of #$@!. Its an okay stroller, but it isn't much smaller than the Milano. The basket keeps coming off and our SNG tray keeps popping out with every kick. It just really wasn't worth the money. It is heavy and takes up a lot of space. I didn't think I would mind this at first, but now I really wish I had found something like the Zippy. Also, it's hard in malls and stores to get around the isles. It doesn't handle outdoor situations, like even parking lots or sidewalks very well either.
Sorry about the rant, but you might want to seriously consider the Pliko again IMO.
HTH-

momathome
02-10-2003, 10:04 AM
Go for the Pliko! We have one and love it! My favorite feature on this stroller is that my older daughter can stand on the footboard of this stroller while the baby sits in the stroller itself. You may have to wait until your baby is a year before your 3 year-old can do this as the front seat can't be reclined when a child is on the back, but I have found this feature to be invaluable. It allowed me to ditch the double stroller when they were 4 and 1 years old. Plus, it's just a great, compact, plush stroller. Good luck!
-Lauren

egoldber
02-10-2003, 11:22 AM
I agree that the Venezia is not really much smaller than the Milano. The Venezia is just too big for everyday out and about use. But I do like it for mall hopping. Both the Pliko and the Venezia have the footboard on the back for an older child to stand on. FYI, some people don't like the way that the Pliko steers.

If you really want something smaller than the Milano, you will probably be happier with the Pliko.

HTH,