PDA

View Full Version : double joggers/stroller

iolananner
02-11-2003, 12:32 AM
Hi! We are just starting to look for a double jogger for an almost 6 month old and 20 mo. old. Does anyone know of one that is either on the tall side or has extendable handles-I'm 6'1", as is my hubby! We aren't locked into a jogger, as neither of us is a runner, but we live in a somewhat hilly area and walk a lot when the weather is nicer. It would be used indoors some, too. I'd like to avoid buying more than one b/c of budget! I'm open to suggestions! Thanks!
Lisa
mom of Robbie and Camden

Tondi G
02-11-2003, 12:56 AM
Mountain Buggy Double Urban... this one is like a jogger but has a front wheel that swivels (or locks straight) so it goes indoors much easier and is an outdoor stroller as well! It is also slim enough to fit through most standard doorways... many standard joggers do not!

Of the joggers I've heard the kelty kids jogger is known for having a higher handle height.... it also has a nice sun shade (that actually works) but the seats do not recline! The Dreamer Designs jogger is also very nice ... reclining seats, great sun shade, and a rear foot brake that enables the stroller to roll forwards but not back (great for walking up hills!). Baby Jogger also offers hadles for taller parents... but their strollers are very expensive in my opinion with all the competition out there!

Good Luck hope that helps!

For Dreamers Designs and Kelty Joggers check E-bay!!!

~Tondi

strollerqueen
02-11-2003, 04:47 AM
Hi Lisa!

If your primary use is outdoors, you should also look at the Mountain Buggy Terrain. It has fixed wheels, but pushes very easily. It has a full recline, super easy to fold, and is just fine indoors. It has a narrow frame, so it can fit through doors, but also accomodates larger children.

www.mountainbuggyusa.com

And for deals, look at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/StrollerSWAP/

HTH!

gravymommy3
02-12-2003, 07:19 PM
We purchased the handle bar extender for our MBUD and it works wonderfully. My hubby is 6'4" and I am 5'6" and it is comfortable for both of us to use. Hope that helps.

Amy

iolananner
02-18-2003, 11:56 PM
Thanks for all your input! I appreciate it! Lisa