PDA

View Full Version : Got LE bags today...

jd11365
02-12-2003, 06:55 PM
Got LE bags today. 1 Lil Tripper and 1 Do it All. I'm not so impressed with the Lil Tripper...just looks like a little canvas-like bag. Technically it has a changing pad...nothing to write home about...and a bottle holder on the inside, but I don't see what everyone is so happy about. Additionally, it's not the most attractive thing in the world.

The Do it All seems like it has much better features. Just wish the Lil Tripper was a smaller version of it, not a completely different bag.

I don't have a baby yet, so I really don't know what I need or want, but it seems like I can carry any bag if I carry the Lil Tripper, doesn't seem like anything special. Am I not seeing something?

Nina31
02-12-2003, 08:44 PM
I think people like LE bags because they don't look like diaper bags (husbands won't be embarrassed to use them) and because they are pretty durable. You can find comparably priced diaper bags elsewhere, but they may not last as long. Also, you can send them back, no questions asked, after any length of time. Did you get the Do-It-All from the overstocks page? If you did then that can explain the style differences between the two. LE redesigned both bags this past fall, and they are different. This year's Lil Tripper looks like a miniature version of this year's Do It All.

I think you'll find that choosing the right bag is a trial and error process. I've gone through a lot of different bags myself! What usually ends up happening is that people has several different bags- most often a large and a small one. And some in-between!

Anyway, I don't know if I helped answer your question, but I just wanted to let you know this board has been a great help to me! You'll find lots of different opinions and advice. Don't worry!

Nina

jd11365
02-12-2003, 10:29 PM
I got the Do It All off overstock, which I am actually happier with. It's more the Lil Tripper I don't like, and there is not much that separates it from just a regular bag. There is technically a place to hold a bottle or two on the inside, and a very small changing pad, but otherwise it is just a small little bag to me. This was not off overstock, so I am assuming it is the new version. It would be nice if they created the DIA in an exact smaller version instead of something so different, but of course I say something like that about everything..."It would be nice if..."

Is my Lil Tripper the right one? Was anyone else unimpressed? Is there another small "quick trip" diaper bag that has cool compartments that would be helpful for a mom such as the Do It All?

Thanks!
Jamie
EDD 5/12/03

Momof3Labs
02-12-2003, 10:58 PM
Just something to think about...

I only use one diaper bag. For me, it is more hassle to move between two bags (or keep two stocked) than to just have one that I grab every time we go out. If we are going to the grocery store, I usually leave the bag in the car and just grab a burp cloth. Granted, Colin is strictly bf, but I don't see the need for a "quick trip" bag, as long as your "few hours out" bag isn't too big, heavy or bulky.

So if you really like the Do It All, try using it as your only diaper bag - it may work for you for quite a while!

Lori & Colin 9/28/02

plum
02-12-2003, 11:59 PM
We have both the Little Tripper and Do It All. Frankly, I'm not a big fan of either. The Little Tripper is just too small for us, and the Do It All, while a decent size, is too big for a day outing. I hate carrying big, bulky bags, though my DH doesn't mind. He's been complaining about the Little Tripper for months.

Finally, I went to BRU today and found a bag that has separate compartments for bottles, pacifiers, wipes, and which is still a decent size and non-babyish looking. It's called the Fisher-Price CarryAlls Organizer Deluxe. And it was only $20.

Until you know what you pack and need, it's hard to say what will work best for you. Good luck!

alijp5
02-13-2003, 10:22 AM
I guess it all depends on what you want. I only carry the LT. I really like it. Before that I carried the free Similac one from the hospital one but that fell apart before ds was a year.

I've always found it to have more than enough space. I have a EB one with a zillion pockets/compartments that I hate. It's too big and and I'm always trying to dig stuff out the the pockets. I thought it would work well for us before ds was born but it doesn't.

I like having one big pouch where everything is. I don't carry a lot so I like everything in one place. I never felt the need for cool compartments or a place for dirty diapers/duds. I usually carry a gallon sized ziploc for those (which I've NEVER used).

I agree the bottle holder on the LT is useless but we just stood up the bottle/sippy in the bag and never had a problem.

My advice is to see what your style of packing is and then return the one you don't use. I think it's all personal preference.

khakismom
02-13-2003, 11:31 AM
Has anyone used the LE Multiple-Tot Tote bag? It's currently offered on the LE.com Overstocks page for $14.50 from an original price of $39.50. I ordered this bag and received it this week, however haven't had a chance to use it yet. It's about the same size as the Do-it-All and seems huge. Any experience, feedback, or comments about this bag? Thanks!!

...Maureen

Mom to
Kathleen 3/22/01
Baby girl EDD 6/12/03

DagnyT
02-17-2003, 02:32 PM
Hi! For what it is worth....
I ordered both before DS was born- 8/01. I felt the same way about the LT as you do! I really liked the Do it All, and continue to. I know a lot of veteran mommies joke about first time moms and the HUGE bag, but I have to say I take this one with us(DIA) most of the time. A caveat to that.... I keep a couple of extra diapers and wipes in the trunk, so if I am taking DS from daycare to the grocery before going home I don't take the DIA. If we will be out most of the day or for dinner I find that the different sections of the DIA allow me to put some food, bibs, sippy cup in one part, away from (sometimes dirty) diapers!), and there is still room for a book, small toy, etc.... When I take the DIA I make use of the parent compartment- so I do not have purse, diaper bag, etc.... I have found that the DI is great for travel. The bag is a year and a half, has held up line iron and looks great!

My 2 cents!!

DagnyT