PDA

View Full Version : zooper vs emma

casey
02-14-2003, 03:53 PM
i 'm in big delema b/t zooper z street or emma ec 1 on e bay now
emma is a such good deal now. i have kolcraft us .i'm looking for next stage stoller. oh i got aria 2001 for $50 also.
i need help of you guys to make a mind.thanks
casey from nyc
mom to alex 10/22/02

hipmaman
02-14-2003, 11:07 PM
They are two totally different kind of strollers, so directly comparing them is not the greatest measurable shopping guide for you. I can try to list the features of each one and you can decide which one might work better for you.

1) Emma EC1 is Swedish designed and made. Great quality. Built to last. I have seen some of these still in great working condition after 15 yrs (might you the fabric patterns might be dated, lol). Here is a site to look at it's specs http://www.babiesalley.com/ec1.html

- Fixed-wheels (all 4), it takes a bit of getting used too if you have not used one before. You also needs to lift the front wheels for turning since the front wheels don't swivel.
- larger wheels and better for navigating rougher terrains like grass, gravel, totally great for outdoor. Although, great for indoor too. The wheels can be popped off quite easily too.
- Great suspension because of the fixed-wheel type stroller, it needs suspension to turn by pressing down on the handle and lift the front wheels.
- considered as a full-size stroller with big stroller seat, big basket, soft uphostery.
- it comes with a full boots.
- the deals you see on ebay thru Heritage Baby now is awesome. Once upon a time, they were 3 times those current prices. Plus, if you buy it, you call Heritage baby up and tell them that you would like to use the 'Strollerqueen coupon' and get an additional 10% the ebay price (Janet has been kind enough to set up those coupons for people to use).

2) Zooper Z-St is made in China, with a shorter company history so one cannot say how long these things will last.

- Front swivel wheels and easier to manuever indoor and in crowded or tight spaces.
- small wheels more suitable for indoor. Although, I know people use it for outdoor like on sidewalks and hard-pack dirt roads, but it's more for indoor use, than outdoor. If you take lots of walks, then this model is not the one. If you are keen on a Zooper, then consider the Buddy/Walk Air/Kroozer.
- consider as a light-weight umbrella style stroller. The stroller is smaller than the EC1. The basket is smaller, not as easy accessible. The fabric is more canvasy and isn't soft, imho.
- the plus side is that it comes packed with accessories for its money.

Since you have the Aria for indoor/light weight stroller, I can see getting the EC1 for outdoor walk, festivals, etc. instead of something like a jogger. I have the Emma pram in the Rhapsody pattern and I love it. Here is the pictures http://pages.ivillage.com/hipmaman/id9.html

Hope that helps a bit.