PDA

View Full Version : Ok-another Zooper question...

elvisfan
02-14-2003, 10:28 PM
I realize that many questions about Zoopers have been asked, but I'm suffering from pregnancy brain(lol) and don't want to do a search.Please bear with me-my question: Are Zooper strollers on the same level as Peg Peregos,MacLarens and so on? Or are they more like the cheaper brands like Evenflo and Graco?

stella
02-14-2003, 10:40 PM
I consider them luxury or upscale strollers for lack of a better word. Very sturdy, comfortable, and solidly built.

I have had a walk air for 1 year and just LOVE it.

strollerqueen
02-15-2003, 01:25 AM
Well, actually, Zoopers were designed as less expensive knock-offs of pricier European brands. They are mass-produced at a factory in Asia, the same as Evenflos and Gracos. Kidco is about on the same level. They were the former US distributors of Maclaren, and "copied" them at factories in Asia. That said, many people really like Zoopers and Kidcos. And since Maclaren and several other formerly European lines have also moved production to China, the quality line has become much murkier. To confuse matters even more, some European brands have split their lines, like Chicco and Quinny. They'll produce some models in CHina and market them at a lower price in the big chains, like BRU. Then, they'll do more upscale models at their European factories.

Magda
02-15-2003, 08:16 PM
I consider Zoopers on par with Pegs etc.