PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Double Stroller-And Why-Post Your Praise Here

elvisfan
02-15-2003, 03:34 PM
Which double stroller rules the roost? Share here

gravymommy3
02-15-2003, 03:43 PM
MBUD

This thing turns on a dime (even one-handed with 80+ lbs. of kids in it) and fits through any door and even narrow isles in stores. It is a dream. also, the rain cover is wonderful. Hope that helps.

Amy

elvisfan
02-15-2003, 05:10 PM
>MBUD
>
>This thing turns on a dime (even one-handed with 80+ lbs. of
>kids in it) and fits through any door and even narrow isles
>in stores. It is a dream. also, the rain cover is
>wonderful. Hope that helps.
>
>Amy

What does MBUD stand for?

gravymommy3
02-15-2003, 05:19 PM
Sorry!! Mountain Buggy Urban Double!

Amy

pamela mom of 3
02-15-2003, 08:56 PM
I'm another mountain buggy urban double vote for the same reasons already said.

It's just been the best i have had over the years...totally worth the $$

:)

Calmegja
02-15-2003, 10:04 PM
Not to be completely a ditto, but everything they said.

The MBUD just rocks, it works so well, and I have to say, mine is black, and I just feel so hip pushing it....funky stroller, cool color....;-)

I, uh, need to get out more, eh?

elvisfan
02-15-2003, 10:07 PM
>Not to be completely a ditto, but everything they said.
>
>The MBUD just rocks, it works so well, and I have to say,
>mine is black, and I just feel so hip pushing it....funky
>stroller, cool color....;-)
>
>I, uh, need to get out more, eh?

Ok, I checked out the MBUD..but can I use it with a tiny infant?????? Also, how much on average does this baby cost?

hipmaman
02-15-2003, 11:39 PM
Well, without voting blindly, I'll give my 2 cents...

I agree the MB Urban is very nice. But it's the best if you are looking for an all-terrain stroller with great manueverability and quality. It is not the best if you are looking for a smallish, compact, light stroller.

It depends on how you will use a stroller, what your needs are, what your budget is to really say what the best stroller can be for you.

Nothing against MB -- I do own one, but I do think it's best to check your needs/requirements first.

gravymommy3
02-16-2003, 04:55 PM
I would think that you could use it with a tiny infant but you would need a snuzzler or something similar to that for his comfort. The MBs come in singles and doubles - I don't know about the cost of the single but the double was $529. This seems like an outrageous price for a stroller. However, I stopped and thought about it. I paid almost $300 for an Baby Trend and that thing is falling apart, I can't throw it in the back of my Sequoia and use it at the mall (cause of the big front wheel), so basically it is of no value to me. Even though my kids are older (I throw the 4 & 3 year olds in it), I expect to get many years of Disney trips out of it (not to mention the mall miles I will put on it). It simply allows me to get out more (I also have a 15 month old).

Therefore, for me, it was worth every penny. Even my husband, who initially thought I had completely lost my sanity when I proposed this buggy to him, loves the thing. (Of course, he did the same thing to me when I bought my Miele red star vacuum cleaner, which he loves to use! Yea!!)

If you are concerned that a little one would not be comfortable, call Michelle or Kit at Baby Outfitters (1-866-715-BABY) and they will be happy to answer any and every question you have about it or any other stroller they carry.

Good luck on your quest.

Amy

Megieblue
02-17-2003, 12:14 AM
No question...

Mountain Buggy Urban Double!

TrinaCliff
02-17-2003, 12:19 PM
For sure, the MBUD and MBTD are awesome! Judging from what everyone that has them has said, the MBUD pretty much could be someone's one and only stroller because it is so versatile.

Personally, I'm very big on plushness, and I wanted the most plush and padded stroller, while being roomy as well...I finally ordered an Inglesina Twin Jet. It's not here yet, but I'm hoping that in my eyes, this double "rules the roost"...LOL!!!! I'll post here when it gets here.

Kristen

stella
02-18-2003, 12:46 AM
Where did you find your twinjet?

Of course my mbud just came in today and I love it, but the twin jet seems very comfy and full-featured.

TrinaCliff
02-21-2003, 01:22 AM
I bought my Twin Jet off of Ebay. It is new in the box, from a company in NY...I can't wait to get it! I'm a plush-lovin' kinda gal, so I hope it is what I (oops, WE...hehehe) want. It is the only double that I think I will actually love.

It should be here next week...the weather up north held it up.

Kristen