PDA

View Full Version : Pliko P3 Classico stroller

belleandbecca
02-15-2003, 03:54 PM
Does anyone know anything about this new stroller? Peg Perego told me to look at this website http://www.mobileation.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=MROT&Product_Code=P328S-&Category_Code=CSt It looks like some patterns will be available soon, but I have never seen it mentioned before. Thank you!

Momof3Labs
02-15-2003, 05:40 PM
It looks like the 2002 Pliko, exept it can accept the bassinet also. And it has the child tray - I'm not sure if all 2002 Plikos had that. What specifically did you want to know about the stroller? We have lots of general Pliko experience here on the board!

hipmaman
02-15-2003, 06:53 PM
The P3 Classico (or P3 Completo as PP Canada called it when I talked to them) is a new Pliko with the difference!!!

If you notice the rear post of the stroller frame, it is slightly curved, whereas the regular Plikos are straight up. So, the frame is of a different frame.

I was told the wheel system was also different. The biggest noticable diference (by pictures anyway, lol) is the angled handles vs. the regular straight handles on the regular Plikos.

A few of us are hoping the angled handles, the wheel system might make manuevering one-handed possible with the P3.

And I am not 100% sure of this, but the P3 Classico doesn't come with the footmuff, but the P3 Completo comes with the footmuff and possibly a raincover too.

lmintzer
02-19-2003, 02:37 PM
How intriguing! I have to admit, I don't need any more strollers. We started off with the Combi 6610 and then got a Snap-N-Go. We added a Maclaren Techno when ds was 9 months and then a MB Urban at around 1 year+.

But, for some reason, I always have loved the Pliko. DH talked me out of it at first (little did he know how much else we'd buy later), and I was concerned about the potential 2 handle difficulties. But the fabrics are beautiful and it folds so nicely . . . and it looks so comfortable for babies and toddlers.

Does anyone know if the new rear post of the stroller frame means that the seat is no longer flat (and angles more like the Maclarens)? That is the one thing we don't like about our Techno.

Sigh. Maybe next baby (which is not in the near future).

Lisa
& Jack, 22 months

Tondi G
02-19-2003, 02:47 PM
I don't know but those new wheels look too much like the Aria Wheels! I hope they didn't go and make the wheels smaller and smooth... that is one of the main reasons we got the Pliko for the bigger nubby wheels.... and for the flat seat which still looks like it is pretty flat! We'll see!

~Tondi