PDA

View Full Version : How many strollers do you have?

Rachels
02-16-2003, 05:17 PM
I was looking at another stroller this morning, and it prompted a small war with DH, who thinks I'm absolutely crazy. He's pretty sure I'm the only one, or that the fact that I have more than one stroller is evidence of bad stroller research. So I'm wondering-- how many strollers do you have, and why do you have them? Thanks!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

LD92599
02-16-2003, 07:00 PM
Our baby isn't even born yet and we already have 4 strollers! Here's what we have and why:

Jogging Stroller....great price in BJs at the beginning of the pregnancy and couldn't pass it up..we'll eventually use it for walks around the neighborhood, walks in state parks, etc.

Peg Perego Pliko Matic
knew I wanted a Maclaren but also realized that they aren't good for use from the start...and again, great price ($99 at DMart). Plus it's compatible with the SnugRide, which we'll also be using

Kolkraft Universal
Might return it if we notice we use the car seat with the Peg More, so this one is up in the air...though for the price, may keep this in one car and the Peg in the car where the baby will be more often

Maclaren Techno XT (2003)
I wanted the Techno XT from the start but didn't think I'd actually get.,..til a few relatives pitched in for it...i can't wait to use it and the 2003 appears to have a better recline than the 2002 (one source says full recline..other sources don't say). It doesn't accept the car seat though, so I know we won't be using it early on.

Hope this helps you out in your reasoning for more than one stroller...I learned early on from these boards that there is no such thing as "one stroller!"

Laura
10 Days & counting (though just not tomorrow...not with a near-blizzard on the way!)
Due: Feb 26th, 2003

megsmom
02-16-2003, 07:07 PM
Most moms I know have 2 or 3. I have 3. A jog stroller, a light umbrella stroller for traveling and as an extra in the second car, and the "mall crawler" Combi that's a little plusher for long trips and carried the car seat in the beginning. I would actually like another nicer lightweight one, but I don't "need it" and am in reality kind of cheap myself and don't want to invest in another until the next one.

Guys don't get the stroller thing. However, I bet if you look around the house you could find something dh "needs" more than one of and use this as ammo. :)

Jen
mom to Meghan 7/13/01

VickiH
02-16-2003, 07:18 PM
I have too many!
Graco Coachrider travel system - received as a shower gift. We have it in our living room and use it for naps - too heavy for anything else
Graco Citilite - at my parent's house
Aprica Windsor - bought for the reversible handle and full recline, lightweight
Chicco 2002 - bought on recommendations from this and the Parents Place stroller board - full recline, great steering, umbrella fold
Mac Mistral - bought brand new on eBay, very light, folds up great, cute pattern - bought to keep in the car
Mac Vogue - also brand new on eBay and a 2000 model (still made in England) - don't know why I bought it, just wanted it.

I guess I'm a stroller junkie!

Calmegja
02-16-2003, 07:59 PM
5.....and I use them all, just for different things. I have 4 children....

I have a MBUD for when I need a double, and for when I exercise with my two youngest children.

I have a Mac Vogue for my umbrella/travel stroller, and for a second stroller when I have two adults to push my kids...

I have a Pliko for quick trips when I need to contain my 3 year old and my infant.

I have an Atlantico as my long day, long activity, bells and whistle stroller.

...and I have a Zooper Buddy, mainly because I liked it, and also because I needed a power walking stroller for when I only have one child with me...

See...I can rationalize just about any amount of strollers! At least that's what Dh says.... ;-)

etwahl
02-16-2003, 08:05 PM
Rachel, what strollers do you currently have? We ordered a Combi Ultra Savvy very early on in the pregnancy, which I'm now wondering if we should have waited to do more research, but we thought it sounded like a good travel/indoor stroller which is why we chose it. We also have on order a Mountain Buggy Terrain (the new one) which I hope to get around the time that baby gets here, because I ordered it with the carry cot. I have been avoiding reading too many stroller posts since making the decision on these two strollers, because I didn't want to kick myself, but also, I figured these would be good until the baby got here and I could figure out if they were really suited to our needs. So it will be interesting to find out how I like them once I get to use them in real life :)

Tammy,
Mom-to-be Mar 8, 2003!

hardysmom
02-16-2003, 08:11 PM
You are neither alone in wanting a multiple strollers, nor for fighting with your DH about them!! Most people I know have 2-3. At LEAST a larger full featured stroller for neighborhood walks, zoo, long outings, etc and a smaller lightweight work-horse which lives in the car. The jogger/all-terrain stroller is usually the wild card... some have one, some don't.

Lots of people also have one shower gift stroller which seemed-like-a-good-idea-at-the-time, but turned out to be not-quite-right. I am not sure if that one should count... I will say that it probably isn't the best idea (but SO FUN!) to buy multiple strollers before the baby comes.

Currently I have 5. The only DH advice I can give is to NEVER complain about strollers. If you don't like them, quietly sell on ebay or SWAP and use the $$ to buy new ones you like. Also, if you find you don't use one (or 2 or 3) much, hide them away where he will forget about them. Then when you want a new one, he won't point at the pile of strollers in the hall in bewilderment. That is the worst.

My current line-up for my 15mo DS includes--

Peg Milano-- My shower gift stroller. A wonderful thought from my MIL which was great for the first 6 months. Until I recently purchased a Teutonia Swing, I used it for travel and long days out. Now, it is pretty much retired, though I will pull it out when/if we have another baby.

Mac Vogue 2000- purchased around 5mo when the Milano started to seem like a pain to haul around. Lives in the car and getes used a TON. Probably the only stroller I will actually wear out.

Teutonia Y2K-- My baby. Wonderful walking / all-terrain stroller.

Emmaljunga Husky-- bought on SWAP to keep at Grandma's horse farm when I realized the Y2K was a pain to pack up in a car. I sorta want to bring it home to play, but my husband has almost forgotten about it so why stir up the dirt, right?

Teutonia Swing-- I wanted a decent sized, awesome stroller, which folded well for travel and the mall-crawl type of things. Basically, it replaces the Milano.

You are not alone!! Stephanie

egoldber
02-16-2003, 09:36 PM
Almost everyone I know has two or three: 1) a general purpose plush stroller for mall crawling, 2) a small lightweight in-and-out of the car to run errands stroller and 3) a jogging/all-terrain stroller for neighborhood walks.

I have four. In category one :), I have Peg Venezia and a Chicco 2002, for category two I have a Maclaren Mistral and in category three I have an Instep Safari. I like them all for different reasons. I have two "plush" strollers, because while I like the Venezia for mall crawling, it does NOT do well outdoors. So the Chicco is my plush stroller for when I need one stroller to do everything, like when I travel.

HTH,

Momof3Labs
02-16-2003, 10:07 PM
Oh, this is confession time for me. Especially because I added another stroller this weekend...

1. Kolcraft UCSC - we're not using this anymore, but I'm saving it for baby #2. It served its purpose and was pretty handy for quick errands - set up and folded up quite easily. And we loved the huge basket and adult cupholders!

2. Peg Perego Roma - this is our plushy neighborhood stroller. I got it off of eBay for only $70, and it was immaculate.

3. Peg Perego Pliko - picked up the travel system for $99 at Value City, as a semi-replacement for the Vogue (below) since Colin really prefers to be sitting upright. Colin really likes it! Currently this one resides in DH's minivan (he is a SAHD two days a week, so he needs his own stroller).

4. Peg Perego Aria - our lightweight, errand stroller. $49 at Value City. This one resides in my car. (Actually, we have two - my mom has one also, since she takes care of Colin one day a week.)

5. Chicco 2002 - my new addition!! It is used, but barely. Picked it up for $45 off of the Stroller Swap board, from a woman who lives close to me. After all the raves about it, I couldn't pass up this deal. We can't wait to take it for a spin!

6. Maclaren Vogue 2001 - I am selling this one. It seemed like a good idea at the time (while I was pregnant) but Colin hates to sit reclined. Even as a newborn, he hated the bouncy seat. I'm also not crazy about how it folds to the ground - I like the fold on the Aria better.

So that is my stroller collection. I may pare things down later this year, but right now want to use some of these strollers and decide what I like and what I don't. Now if the weather would only get a little nicer!

twins r fun
02-16-2003, 11:09 PM
I have 7 and I only use 2! In my defense, some are just duplicates (ie one for each baby). I've got 2 Kolcraft Universals, which then got replaced by 2 Peg Arias. I no longer use the Arias except for travel (rare) or when we go somewhere where I think the aisles will be extremely small. I have a BabyTrend SBS double, which got replaced by my Mountain Buggy Urban Double. I also have one umbrella stroller, which I use to throw in my front seat and put one baby in while I carry the other one if we're going somewhere where I don't need a stroller (playgroup, gym, a class). That's my lineup!

Nicole

mama2be
02-16-2003, 11:47 PM
Oh Rachel I laughed out loud when I read your post...I'm thinking her poor hubby is going to be had once all of these stroller addicts respond, he'll whisk her away and be happy she only wants one more!!!! I have to show Steve everyones collection here to justify my longing for one more too :)...

Anyway I only have my Bertini pram right now, and think I will add a mountain buggy to the mix. I just don't know where everyone keeps all of these strollers,a nd since that seems like the problem for me that keeps me "behaving"...

If I were working I'd ahve to buy a Silver Cross pram or the one that resembles it that was mentioned here about a week ago...

The bugaboo has also caught my attention...but the vet bills this past week popped that dream (that was a bugaboo for my little fuzzy bugaboo)...

Megieblue
02-17-2003, 12:11 AM
How many do I HAVE? Or, how many have I HAD??? LOL!

I've bought and sold more than I can count.

My current stable serving two boys, ages 2.5 and 8 months is:

Mountain Buggy Urban Double

Maclaren Daytripper Duo

Maclaren Mistral

Maclaren Volo

pamela mom of 3
02-17-2003, 11:30 AM
Right now i am heavily loaded with too many so we'll just say more than a dozen and leave it at that LOL

I am a bit of a collecter and will trade in, update and/or buy simply because i like it.

Now what is actually needed??

I do think it's quite reasonable to have at least 2/3 strollers for one child. Normally it breaks down like this...

1) for the quick trips and possible travel, this is usually a lightweight, compact style.

2) a more full featured stroller, could be anywhere between mid-heavy weight and size, normally used for all day outings like malls..etc.

3) depending on your lifestyle an outdoors model either with fixed wheels, air tires..or both, this is normally heavy and to big and bulky to be used indoors but is great for outdoors events and neighbourhood walks.

If you have more than one child, the amount can go higher since a double is usually added too. Really though it all depends on the people some will not own many and "make do" it's pretty hard to get one stroller to "do-it-all" two is the least i would ever have...but that would depend on how many kids too.

My collection is all over the place and many are headed out the door but they include, zooper, perego, maclaren, emmaljunga, mountain buggy..and the couple cheapie who-cares-what-happens-to-them-umbrella styles.

:)

sivancat
02-17-2003, 12:11 PM
I, too, am laughing at this post. I think I'll have to show it to my husband. He is convinced that I was nuts for wanting another stroller. I now have three:

-graco stroller system that works with snugride seat
-cheap kolcraft umbrella stroller
-graco kite literider (the new one)

The new stroller is a compromise between the first two. I love the big graco stroller, but it is a nightmare at the mall. It doesn't fit through aisles in stores, and it takes up the entire trunk of my car. No room for groceries. But, it's perfect for outdoor strolling because of the big wheels and it was really nice to have a stroller the car seat snapped into. The umbrella stroller is very manuverable, but dd is uncomfortable in it after 20 minutes. The Kite can fit through even crowded aisles, but has a basket and cupholder and it reclines. I'm really happy with it. I'd actually like to get a jogging stroller too, but I think that I better wait on that one for fear of driving dh over the edge.

Sivan
(Mom to Zea, born 6/3/02)

TrinaCliff
02-17-2003, 12:28 PM
Boy, your husband is going to be VERY thankful for you once he reads these replies...LOL! I know mine thinks I'm insane, but it's because I just bought our 5th stroller. We have a 28 mo old and an 8 month old

My current collection includes:

Teutonia PiXXel
Teutonia Swing
Teutonia Klikk
Emmaljunga Coronette w/toddler seat
Inglesina Twin Jet (on it's way!)

Yes, the Swing and Klikk are pretty redundant, but I love them both too much to part with. They both have their benefits...and I'm a weirdo!
Kristen

Kate888
02-17-2003, 12:33 PM
This is fun!! Currently I "only" have 4 strollers :)

1. Combi Convenience - bought before DD was here. Don't use it any more cause it's too bulky.

2. Mac Techno - it's a dream to steer.

3. Combi Ultra Savvy - my main stroller now. DD likes it a lot.

4. Graco Citilight - quick in/out of car stroller. Use it for short trips to Target or the post office. So light weight!

My birthday is almost here (actually it's in July :P) and I already know what I want...

Kate

elvisfan
02-17-2003, 01:03 PM
I have a 13 month old dd. Right now we have a graco stroller(part of a travel system) and a cheapie Kolcraft. looking to get a nicer double when #2 comes in May:)

cvharris
02-17-2003, 02:16 PM
What a funny post! I haven't even had my baby and I am embarrassed to admit that I have four strollers.

1. Kolcraft UCSC - I bought this on clearance from Target for almost nothing. Will use for quick trips in and out of the car in the summer.

2. Inglesina Zippy - this is what I think will be my everyday stroller. Takes the infant carseat. I snatched up a 2002 b/c I wanted the rain cover.

3. Emmaljunga EC Sport - bought this for outdoor neighborhood walks/inclement weather. I couldn't resist the deal on it.

4. Kelty Joyrider - DH received this as a gift. He is a serious runner. I ran pretty seriously, too, before getting pregnant. We think it will be great when DS is older and we go for trail runs or participate in road races.

newbelly2002
02-17-2003, 03:22 PM
Rachel,

My DH too is stunned by the fact that I'm looking at *another* stroller. I should show him this thread so he can see how good he's really got it.

I am the oddity here as we have only one stroller and Dante is just over 6 months old. But then we also don't have a car and live in a large city with excellent public transport. Were we not here, then we would have had to buy a second stroller long ago.

right now we have a Teutonia Y2K. This is a big, heavy, outdoor stroller. I love it; Dante loves it. We just switched from the carry cot to the seat so suddenly he can sit up and see the world.

What I want next is a lighter, smaller, travel stroller. Something I can use for quick trips. Unfortuantely, I will have to carry it up and down 4 flights of steps (can only leave one downstairs in the lobby and even that is of questionable legality. Two would be pushing the limits well beyond their breaking point with the neighbors) along with the baby. Ugh. Emphasis on light.

Hope this is helpful!
Paula

uccomama
02-17-2003, 03:39 PM
I'll fess up too! I have four strollers for one three year old, although I have had many, many more!

Emma EC Sport -- my snow/rain/mud stroller. Also I love to take this one to the park and farmer's market because of the wire tray.

Quinny Formula 3 -- for power walks (which I don't do) and because it is the coolest looking stroller ever!

Mac Tech (2001) -- this is my leave in the car stroller that I used for quick trips.

Bugaboo Frog (with rolling board) -- this is my all purpose, mall, walking stroller. I also have the board for when I need my five year old to get a move on!

Here is what I have owned and sold over the past two years:

Mac Daytripper Duo, Teutonia PiXXel, Kiwi Explorerer Double and Runabout jogger. This isn't by anymeans the complete list of strollers I have owned for three children.

Deborah

gravymommy3
02-17-2003, 03:41 PM
Rachel,

My husband also thinks I'm within walking distance of crazy! I have several strollers also.

We started out with a Peg Milano (I think that was what it was called). Anyway, it tore up so we returned it and purchased a Peg double (front/back) - can't remember the name. That was our only stroller for a while. But when my DD got heavier (and refused to sit in the back) it got to where it was impossible to steer it. So, we bought a Baby Trend double jogging stroller (casue we didn't know any better!) It served it purpose (mainly the mall and Disney trips) but the fixed wheel sucked and it too started to tear up. We were give a cheapie umbrella stroller that I used in a pinch but was not happy with.

Then... I disovered this forum and learned about the Mountain Buggy. I fell for this sucker and fell hard. We got the URban Double last month. I love this thing. It did beautifully at Disney and was a dream at the mall. The older kids love it and the youngest will tolerate (nothing is as good as riding on Momma!). While I would love to have a Teutonia, my husband would probably find a lawyer if I said I wanted another stroller, even though he is thrilled with the MBUD. Plus, I want to get all new car seats for the kids, so the budget is screaming!

Good luck!

Amy

Rachels
02-17-2003, 04:03 PM
Tammy, we have the PP Venezia (Clay calls it the Pegleg Pete) and the Chicco Ponee. The Venezia is a great stroller. I hated the straps at first, but once I figured out how to use them, nothing else seemed to measure up any more. Abigail is REALLY comfortable in the Venezia. It doesn't steer well, though, and it's huge, so it's not practical for travel or quick trips. The Ponee, by comparison, is lightweight and WONDERFUL in the steering department. We use it as our in-the-car stroller. The problem, which didn't become evident until Abigail started really sitting up on her own, is that the crotch strap is too far away from her, and she slumps down and gets uncomfortable, and the shoulder straps start rubbing her on the ears. She doesn't want to be in it for too long at a time. It's perfect for short errands, but less perfect for all the other reasons you need an easy-steering stroller. I think it will be fine when she gets bigger, but she's such a little peanut now, and it bothers me to see her looking uncomfortable. Also, I wind up pushing the stroller with one hand while I haul her with the other arm if we're out more than 20 minutes or so. No good.

We need a solution to this problem without spending a fortune. I'll start a new thread, actually-- maybe somebody has ideas. Meanwhile, thanks, everybody! I love this thread. Even DH got a kick out of it.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

strollerqueen
02-17-2003, 04:47 PM
You could show him my original post to Holly's mama, which started off the whole "Adventures in Strollerland", which has several chapters yet to be written! I'm not sure of my current number, because they go in and out so frequently. Somewhere around 20, maybe? And I'm sure I have had double that in the past four and a half years!

queenmama77
02-17-2003, 06:06 PM
Oh, none of us can compare with Janet! She truly is the Stroller Queen!

I'm only using a Mac Vogue and Teutonia PiXXel right now. I still have a brand new Kidco Maverick that I need to send back for repair, but I'll sell it as it's too redundant to the Vogue.

I'm debating on jogger vs. all-terrain. I'll probably end up buying an MB Terrain, but I just want to be sure. What I'd really love is Deb's Quinny! LOL I daren't buy one because DH would probably want to beat me over the head with it! One stroller from overseas is one thing...

myllam
02-18-2003, 02:52 AM
I "only" have 3.

Combi Ultra Savvy 2002 - love this stroller for traveling. My DH's favorite since it fits in his trunk along with his golf clubs :-)

Combi Convenience 6600 - purchased this for my parents, but they decided they like the cheap $20 umbrella stroller they already had better, sad :-( So this is in my car and I like it for mall trips since the wheels are more sturdy and the basket is bigger then the US.

Baby Jogger II - My DS's favorite stroller. Great for walks and jogging. Lightweight. Negatives.. it is a little awkward when folding, and the canopy is not that big.

I keep eyeing a Maclaren (Volo, daytripper or quest), but I can't imagine what my DH would say to 4 strollers for 1 child :-)

muskiesusan
02-18-2003, 09:53 AM
My 16 month old baby has 4 sets of wheels.

Peg Perego Aria-My first stroller bought by my inlaws when ds was too big for the Baby Bjorn. He loves this stroller, but I thought it was just okay.

Baby Trend Jogger-Received as a gift. Used it alot in my old neighborhood for walks, but since moving to the burbs where everything is newly paved, haven't used it that much.

Mac Vogue 2001-Got a great deal on it that I couldn't pass up. I love this stroller, but ds hates the seat slope and likes to have a napper bar (he likes to sit up and see the world!). Used now for quick trips and travelling.

Peg Perego Pilko-Our newest addition. Got a great deal on it and needed a compromise between the Vogue and Aria. I miss the steering of the Mac, but ds is very happy in it. It will probably be our main stroller until the next baby comes along.

My ds thinks I'm crazy, too, especially since all our friends are happy with their travel systems. I look at strollers constantly online, hoping to find a good deal that would allow me to another one.

Susan and Nicholas

Magda
02-18-2003, 11:19 AM
Only one stroller here. A zooper Sport. We bought it becuase it is good for in- and out-doors. We are considering a lighter stroller for travel this summer and will need a new one when we have a second child.

Elaine

momathome
02-18-2003, 11:23 AM
Well, I've owned, I think, 11 over the last five years. Currently, I'm down to 3 (2 more at my parents' homes). I have a Graco DuoGlider that I used for about a year and I'm saving it for toddler and next baby since I can attach my Graco infant seat to it. The stroller I use most often when I have both my 5 year-old and 2 year-old with me in my Peg Pliko Sherpa Bubble 2000 - my 5 year-old loves hopping on the back footbar and my 2 year-old sleeps best in this. When I only have one girl with me, I use my Mac Vogue 2001 - I love how easy this is to push and I got a good deal on this - $105. At my father's house, I have an old Kolkraft stroller that was part of a lousy travel system I had with my first baby before I knew any better and at my mother's house, I have an Aprica Royale Calais that I bought from a consignment store to replace the lousy Kolkraft. The Aprica is still in good shape and if I can't con another stroller out of my husband for baby #3 and we don't end up using the double stroller, I may reclaim it from my mother to use for a newborn since it has a full recline and nice padding. Sadly, strollers are my passion and I take constant ribbing from my husband and mother over how many I've had over the years. (Sigh...)
-Lauren

newmomnyc
02-18-2003, 11:32 AM
I am so jealous of all of you-- you obviously don't live in a storage-restricted NYC apt! We have room for, oh, NO STROLLERS, but I already have three (I'm due next week):

(1) Bugaboo Frog: I really wanted this for long city walks to help lose some weight, and I wanted something other than the carseat/Kolcraft combo in order to have the baby face me.

(2) Kolcraft UCSC: need something for taxis initially. At least this one is cheap.

(3) Mac Techno: Just bought the 2003 model, but it's still in the box and I might change my mind. I absolutely don't need it now, but I will need it later (definitely need a foldable lightweight in NYC) and I had a 20% off coupon that was about to expire.

Hopefully that will be all though. And as soon as the baby outgrows the infant carrier, the Kolcraft can be phased out.

Oh, I forgot, I'll need the sit and stroll, perhaps, for travel. So much for our little foyer in the apt! It will be stroller central.

parkersmama
02-18-2003, 02:04 PM
Oh, I want a new stroller soooo bad!! I'm not sure there's anyway I can convince my dh to get another. :-(

We have:
1. An Aprica something...this was our first stroller with our first child. I really like it pretty well. It has one hand (basically) fold and the handle reverses so that it can be a carriage for a young baby. The biggest problem is that the underseat storage is starting to rip and with 3 kids 5 & under, that storage is important!!!

2. a Maclaren Opus Duo...I bought it when #2 was on the way and I love it! At that point, ds #1 was only 2 1/2 and I was still insisting that he ride in the stroller so I had to have a double. This one has full recline so it worked out great for an infant and older child at the same time. Now ds #2 is almost 3 and practically refuses to ride in a stroller. I'm wondering if there's any point in keeping the Duo...maybe I should sell it in order to afford a new stroller for #3!

3. several cheapie umbrella strollers...one at my mom's and a couple here. These babies seem to multiply when left in the dark! LOL! They are convenient but have absolutely no features.

That's it and all I've ever owned. I think that I definitely need a new one (but money is tight right now) for #3. Change that...I DESERVE one!! LOL! Now...on to search for the perfect replacement...

Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000
and #3 (a girl!) due 4/29/2003

jojo2324
02-18-2003, 03:02 PM
We have four strollers...And I am wanting loads more, of course! :D

1. Peg Perego Milano: This was a hand-me-down from some friends of the family. It is gimundo and way too big for me to deal with. Also, the cats all took to it rather quickly as a little bed for them.

2. Baby Trend Snap-N-Go: Used this initially, but since DS was so big had to retire it at around four months old.

3. Combi Convenience: I really don't like this stroller. After awhile it seemed like every time I closed it, it was going to break in half. Also, the wheels seemed like they might crack. But we got it off the Combi clearance page and it was only $65 with free shipping and no tax. Can't beat that.

4. Bertini M5 shuttle: Well, if I thought the PP Milano was huge, what was I thinking with this?! :D Oh well, it's really nice to look at, and if I have several hundred square feet to steer in, not *too* hard to maneuver.

Next up: A lightweight stroller for errands and a jogger come spring. And then a double lightweight and a double jogger...And still holding out for the Bugaboo. hee hee :9

juliasdad
02-18-2003, 03:29 PM
My DW thinks I'm nuts with strollers.

We bought a Graco MetroLite at about EDD-3months. At EDD-1month, I brought it back and brought home a Kolcraft UCSC instead.

Here's our current rundown. We have:

One 5.5-month old baby
Kolcraft UCSC
Baby Trend Expedition jogger
Zooper Skipper
Kidco Finale
Bebecar Tracker

The Baby Trend Expedition is also going back, this week in fact; we never used it, and the Tracker has taken over the reason for having the jogger (we needed a jogger not so much for jogging, but because our somewhat-rural roads aren't paved well). We'll also be eBaying the Skipper... this was a tremendous stroller, but again, because of our particular area it turns out not to be well-suited (and for mall trips, I think it's a bit hefty). The UCSC will hang around waiting for #2. And so our active stable really consists of two strollers: the Kidco Finale for shopping trips, and the Tracker for outdoor use.

-dan

marinkitty
02-18-2003, 05:17 PM
I got such a kick out of reading this post. My husband thinks I am certifiable already! We have our first baby on the way (due in three weeks) and so far have two strollers:

1. Bugaboo Frog - I fell in love with this one and convinced myself it would be versatile enough to make up for the large price tag - I plan to use it as my everyday stroller. Right now just admiring it in my living room.

2. Emmaljunga EC Sport - Couldn't pass up the deal on e-bay and plan to use this one for off road and long neighborhood walks when baby is a bit older. Love the big nubby wheels, bouncy suspension and huge wire basket!

Will still need a superlightweight umbrella stroller down the road and have already informed DH that we will be getting an MB Double when baby #2 arrives on the scene!!!!

So glad I'm not alone with my stroller fetish - when I tell DH stuff I've seen on the stroller boards he just does not understand why I'm logged on since "we don't need anymore strollers!"

Holly
(and little one due 3/12/03)

hhl2
02-18-2003, 05:51 PM
Well, I have two children and six strollers! And they all get used! Here is my current collection:

Inglesina Zippy - use this during the winter to pick oldest DD up from preschool - the 7 inch wheels are great for going over the packed snow!
Maclaren Quest - purchased this to complement the Zippy for use as a lightweight, quick errand stroller. I've used it at the mall a few times, but I think it will be Spring before it gets lots of use.
Emmaljunga Husky - my outdoor walking stroller. Unfortunately, it hasn't been used much this winter since it's been so cold.
Right Start single jogger - DH uses this to run our oldest to preschool.
Instep double jogger - I use this one to walk with both girls in the good weather.
Kidco Maverick Double - used for doctor's appointments, mall, etc., when I have both girls. We're also taking it to California and Disneyland tomorrow!

Heidi

sweetbasil
02-18-2003, 06:20 PM
I'm just printing this whole thread out, so I'll have a great wishlist to start my investigations from. We only have a Graco travel system, graco lite stroller, and a swivel-front wheel jogging stroller. So what do you seasoned stroller owners recommend I add to my collection to prepare for baby #2?

I'm mostly thinking- would Kellen even SIT in a double stroller, or should I get a little buddy-riding bar thing? My friend has some sort of Perego (I think), with a riding bar on the back- her baby is 18 mo. and sits in the seat, so Kellen rides and LOVES that.

And how about a double jogging stroller? I really like the front swivel wheel, because I'm just not coordinated enough to lift up the front part every time I make a turn. We got it with that feature so I could rollerblade while pushing DS in the stroller...only to break my ankle a month later. No more rollerblading for me (especially with all these screws and a plate in that ankle. if snowboots hurt, I can't imagine rollerblades feeling any better!) Sorry for the tangent, there!

Thanks in advance,

ms tinkerbell
02-19-2003, 01:16 PM
Wow! I feel so inadequet next to you ladies. We only have one stroller. Of course I hardly used it when our DD was born, we just used the Bjorn.
We have the Combi Ultra Saavy, and although I love it to pieces because its leopard print and that is my favorite... its just not enough.

I am in the process at looking for another. Probably a Zooper or MaClaren.

I am glad this is here so I can snoop around and see what everyone else has!! :)

caroliner
02-19-2003, 04:48 PM
Caroline will be 8 months old next week. We have 5 strollers:

1. Teutonia Mistral (now called the Regent): Amazing neighborhood walk stroller... Reversible handle, converts to a carriage... Wonderful!

2. Teutonia Swing: fabulous, easy to steer even while carrying Caroline, folds easy and fairly small.

3. Peg Pliko: used for travel and also in the house when I need to put Caroline somewhere

4. Mac Techno: just started using for quick grocery trips, etc. So light, so easy... steers like a dream. Will likely take the place of the Pliko for Caroline when we have baby #2.

5. Dreamer Design 16" jogger: Not really using yet. Not jogging with Caroline yet and she is not crazy about it. I like it, but think it won't be used until she is a toddler.

I had a Kolcraft Universal Carseat carrier that I absolutely hated and sold. I got the Pliko adapter bar for when I wanted to put the carseat in the stroller and it was a much better option.

sntm
02-19-2003, 06:11 PM
Always love reading these! -- need to forward to DH who, while finally coming around to the idea of the Bugaboo (though warning me that it is "2 car payments" on a new 4-door that I will need), looks at me like I just sprouted antennae whenever I mention that we will probably need to get another stroller later on.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03

Rachels
02-20-2003, 10:29 AM
I did forward it to Clay, who growled.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

mamaharsh
02-20-2003, 11:29 AM
My 16 month old son has three stroller (four if you count my "spare" Mac Techno):

Bebecar Raider A/T + - I love this stroller. We've used it since day one! It's great for walks around the neighborhood and I actually jogged with it for several months. DS loves to ride in it as well.

Maclaren Techno - I have two of these, one for each car. Steers like a dream and is a great short trip and travel stroller. We also use it for the mall, although I'd love more storage. I can carry it up and down the subway steps with Nate in it, the wheels handle our sidewalk-less neighborhood, and the Britax roundabout carseat fits in the seat for those occasions during travel when Nate insists on being carried (ie, Nate rides in my arms, the carseat sits in the stroller, and I steer with one hand).

Kool Stride Senior running stroller - I haven't used this yet as I just got it, but I'm hoping DS enjoys it. As he got bigger, I started having trouble pushing the Bebecar up hills when running.

Is it wrong to consider having a second child just so you can buy double strollers? LOL

jenmcadams
02-21-2003, 01:29 PM
My DD is 5.5 months old and we have 3 strollers:

(1) Kolcraft UCSC: This was our out & about contraption until she outgrew her Graco Snugride at 3 1/2 months

(2) Peg Aria: Our new lightweight stroller for malls, travel, etc. Got the 2002 model off of eBay for $60

(3) Zopper Buddy: My favorite, but much too heavy for out and about use. We live on dirt roads and use this for walks and mild hikes

Jen
Mom to Abbie 8/29/02

StaceyKim
02-27-2003, 10:41 AM
Hi,
I am going to have 3 total.

Bertini Sport in the Silver Sport fabric-this is for walking around in the city neighborhood I live in. I live in an area where there are lots of restaurants and shops all walking distance. Occasionally, I will take it in the car if I plan on shopping downtown for the day.

Kolcraft Universal Car Seat Carrier-this is for the trunk of the car and to be used until the baby grows out of infant car seat (got this in Black!). I figure I will use this for at least 6 months.

Lastly, I think I will be buying the Zooper Z-street. This I will use as my stroller that I put in the car after the baby grows out of infant car seat. It's so easy to steer with one hand and it comes it awesome colors for 2003! I think I like the red.

I am pretty sure I will get a lot of use out of all these strollers!

Miiki
06-04-2003, 06:14 PM
Hi Deborah-

I have only 2 strollers-
a Mac Techno XT and a Mac Volo. Handles though are too high for my 5.1 height. Own a Kolcraft [can't remember name] which held the baby seat.

Interested in a jogger/all terrain. Live in the city, go to the beach, can run along pavement next to River, use public transportation or generally just walk entire way, may spend time in country in Maine.

I was thinking MBUS or MBTS.
Initally thought of Dreamer Designs but maybe too big.
InStep Safari seems like a choice but those joggers are soooo long.
Also- The Kool Stride but it has steel which can rust easily in NE.

THEN I saw your reference to the Quinny! WOW! Is this my answer???
I want to find out more. Did a quick search online for info. Can I find this online in the US? Am I able to purchase in US?

Thanks!
Miiki