PDA

View Full Version : Help-Urgent Diaper Bag Question!

marchmommy
02-17-2003, 12:50 PM
Hi! I am due in less than 3 weeks! I am getting the Venezia stroller, which has a single bar, rather than umbrella handles. I'd like a diaper bag that latches on to the back of the stroller for easy access. The Land's End diaper bags look great, but don't have this capability. I saw a bag at a local store that latches on to the back of a stroller and can be used as a sling/backpack, but it was expensive-$72.00. It was made by Little Company. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good, reasonable diaper bag that can latch on to the back of a single-bar stroller and also go on your shoulder or back? Anyone have the Little Company bag? Or does anyone out there have the Venezia and is very happy with their diaper bag? Thanks so much!!!!!

egoldber
02-17-2003, 02:23 PM
Peg Perego makes a diaper bag to hang on the handler of your stroller. It seems to be available for about $50- $70.

But a lot of people use Lands End bags with this stroller. Almost any diaper bag will just hang on the handle bar.

HTH,

spikeso
02-17-2003, 03:36 PM
I don't have one of these, but when we were researching diaper bags a while ago, we ran into this thread:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dcforum/DCForumID7/1912.html

In it Cindy (cblasko) has pictures of a her stroller and a "Insulated Stroller Tote". You can find the stroller tote here:

http://www.onestepahead.com/jump.jsp?lGen=detail&itemID=690&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=117&iSubCat=12&iProductID=690

I only wish it would work on a stroller with umbrella style handles.

Thanks go to Cindy. HTH,

Neal

Tondi G
02-17-2003, 03:36 PM
we have a Milano and put the LE do it all onthe handle bar all the time... just lengthen the strap and hang it over... workd quite well and we were able to put our cups in the pocket with the changing pad so it doubled as cup holders for us! LOL

Hope that helped.... also if you are interrested in the peg diaper bags look on ebay!

~Tondi

Momof3Labs
02-17-2003, 05:25 PM
I have a diaper bag from Baby Depot that has an adjustable strap. I can lengthen the strap and throw it over the handle of my Roma (or my Pliko). It was about $25 and is by Baby Baggage. I'd just suggest looking for one with an adjustable strap - that should work for you!

marchmommy
02-17-2003, 05:25 PM
Thank you! Is the Do it All quite big? I was thinking of getting the Day-Tripper just for short trips. Thanks for your advice!!! - Laura

queenmama77
02-17-2003, 05:52 PM
I also like this one:
http://store.babycenter.com/product/gear/strollers/stroller_toys/4394

and this one:
http://www.babysupermall.com/main/products/jlc/jlc02900n.html (I think available elsewhere, less expensive)

These aren't exactly stylish diaper bags, but great totes for your stroller anyway! :)

HTH!

marchmommy
02-18-2003, 11:38 AM
Thanks everyone for your great tips!

JulieL
02-20-2003, 03:28 PM
One Step Ahead has a diaper bag that hooks on and I think is priced around $25. It's blue and is cute. I have thought about getting it myself, just for the extra space. Hope this helps! You can find there products online. I really recommend you get on there mailing list. They have great products, but if you are around a Zany Braney they have an infant section called The Right Start, and sometimes have The Right Start as it's own separate store, also online, they often carry the same products as One Step Ahead and you wouldn't have to pay shipping and handling. Hope this helps you! Good luck on you delivery!!!

parkersmama
02-20-2003, 06:02 PM
I have 3 LE bags...the Little Tripper, the Do-it-all, and a backpack. Although I love the little tripper right now, I wouldn't recommend it for the mom of a newborn unless you can be *very* selective about what you carry around with you. With a newborn, even for short trips, you have to carry a lot of stuff (diapers, extra clothes, bag for dirties, wipes, bottles depending, blankets, diaper cream, etc., etc.). Most new moms that I know find it hard to narrow the supplies down until the baby gets to be 6 months old or so. Even the 2nd time around, I found myself carrying lots of stuff everywhere cause it just seemed like you never knew what you were going to need! The little tripper holds 3 or 4 disposable diapers, a travel wipe pack, the changing pad, a couple of small toys, a few "mom supplies" (keys, cell phone), and not much more. It is truly a pared down bag.

Denise
mom to:
Parker, 9/1/1997
Wesley, 3/9/2000
and #3 (a girl!) due 4/29/2003

marchmommy
02-21-2003, 08:31 PM
I've decided to order a Land's End Do-It-All, and I also like this bag since it latches right on to the back of the stroller. The only thing is, it doesn't come with a changing pad--do you know if I can buy just a changing pad at say Babies R US and then stick it in the bag? Or I suppose I could use the pad that comes with the LE bag?

Thanks again for your awesome advice!

Momof3Labs
02-21-2003, 09:09 PM
Yes! Changing pads run around $5 and are available at BRU, Target, etc.