PDA

View Full Version : Should I get the Graco Duo Lite too?

atlbaby
02-17-2003, 03:00 PM
I've been reading the post on how many strollers people have, and I must show DH and make him feel grateful (and then agree to the MBUD!!:) )since I've been completely satisfied with our Ultra Savvy (and Snap-n-Go earlier too) for DD! But while I do hope the MBUD would be my one and only stroller, I am wondering if I should also perhaps get the Graco Duo Lite? I've seen some good deals on ebay, and it wouldn't be as expensive as say getting the MBUD and another lightweight stroller like the Combi should I decide the MBUD is not my final stroller.

What do you guys think?

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01

Tondi G
02-17-2003, 03:34 PM
I bought a duo lite for our god daughter and family for X-mas.... they were desperatly in need of a double SBS... their tandem was a beast! They love it... use it indoors and out and it is holding up great! I would say go ahead and get one... you can always sell it if you find you don't use it.... and it can be the stroller you keep in the car for indoor errands... and just swap out for the MB when it will be an all day outing!

Good Luck!
~Tondi

atlbaby
02-17-2003, 04:42 PM
Thanks Tondi! (And thanks for the advice you gave me in one of my earlier posts too! :) ) So I suppose the going consensus is that the DuoRider is quite cumbersome, despite the perk in that I could plop an infant seat right in? If that is out then, maybe I should go ahead and order the Duo Lite while I still can. Do you know if I could put a newborn in it if I added a head support? I know lots of companies say you *can* put newborns in, but would you recommend it? Another alternative for the early days would be take the baby in the Bjorn (providing it takes to it, Arielle did not!) and put Arielle in the Combi.

Any thoughts?

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01

stella
02-17-2003, 09:56 PM
I have been wondering the same thing!!

Just got my MBUD today and all I can say is ohhhh!!

For a lighter stroller I'd been considering aria twin or the new rally twin from maclaren, but why not the duolite - for trips to Target ortravel - more substantial than the kolcraft, but less expensive than those others.

For the early days I did use the bjorn an a stroller and that was definitely the way to go since your hands are free and my babies just fall asleep in the bjorn.

I'd love to hear more comments!

Tondi G
02-17-2003, 11:09 PM
Hmmm.... You know I haven't checked out the recline that much... most of the time the kids are up when we are out.... If you put in a head support it might work.... other wise the baby would probably move around too much cause I know for sure it is not a FULL recline! Though infant seats are not a full recline either!

I have heard the Duorider does not steer as well as the duolite... and the Duolite is not as wide I think as well... my friends only have had one time where the duolite didn't fit somewhere and that was the checkout aisle in the grocery store.... so they use the handicapped/12 items or less lane and the store just has to deal with that! LOL

I would say the Bjorn is probably a good option for quick trips but you want a double that will accomodate both kids.... my son didn't like the bjorn either till he could face out...which he did very early! My back always got sore after any length of time as well! I could see if an infant seat would fit in the duolite next time I'm with them if you like.... I think it's too tight though and will end up crowding your older child. Another thing to think about is there is NO divider between the seats really... the backs recline independently but there is no seat divider! Just a few things to think about! HTH Good Luck!
~Tondi