PDA

View Full Version : So what stroller fits this bill?

Rachels
02-17-2003, 04:07 PM
I love all your responses to my post, and it convinces me (if such a thing were necessary) that I'm within reason to keep my eyes peeled for one more stroller. But which to get? My first, critical priorities are easy steering and being a comfortable ride for my babe. Everything else is way down the list, although it would be nice to be able to lift it and to not spend a fortune. We have the Chicco Ponee, which is a great stroller, but Abby slides down in it after a while and gets all scrunched up and uncomfortable. We also have a Venezia, which is really comfortable, but a monster to steer. So what's comfortable AND steers well? There's gotta be something!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

strollerqueen
02-17-2003, 04:20 PM
Actually, there are several. The first that come to mind are the Teutonia PiXXel or Swing, the CHicco 2002, and the Mountain Buggy Urban.

Momof3Labs
02-17-2003, 05:26 PM
There is a Chicco 2002 on eBay for $55 on Buy it now - I just noticed it this morning!

VickiH
02-17-2003, 05:55 PM
I'd have to go with the Chicco 2002 also. I got mine after several recs, including Strollerqueen's. I love it! Comfy and steers like a dream....

HTH

Rachels
02-19-2003, 10:59 AM
Sigh. I want the Mountain Buggy. It looks great. Not in our current budget, though, I don't think. :( . I have a Chicco 2002 question-- has anyone used it with a smaller baby? I'm wondering if I'm going to have the same problem I have with the Ponee, which is that the crotch strap is too far from her body and she slides down and gets all scrunched up.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

egoldber
02-19-2003, 11:15 AM
Rachel, is she being held in place by the crotch strap? If so, maybe she needs to be more reclined. I love the Chicco 2002, but I have never noticed what you are talking about, so it is hard for me to say. Is Abigail sitting up really well yet? If so, I wouldn't think she would ahve any trouble with the 2002. Hmmm...

In terms of which stroller, what are you looking for? Are lookking for a jogger type (based on your other post) or a general purpose stroller to replace the Venezia?

Rachels
02-19-2003, 11:59 AM
Sigh. I don't know. I love the Venezia for all-day stuff, so I don't think I want to replace it. I'd love to have something that worked outside. I'm going to have to carry her through Cambridge today because we're having lunch with friends, and her stroller will never be able to navigate the snow. But I don't need a HUGE stroller, either. Maybe something midweighht that can fold?

I'm wondering if the Chicco problem is because of the fabric. She sits really well, but somehow always slides down in the Chicco. It is kind of a nylon-y, slippery fabric. Hmm. Is there any kind of stroller insert that would pad the seat? What's the fabric like on the 2002?

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02