PDA

View Full Version : Hey Beth! Chicco 2002 question for you!

charigot
02-18-2003, 08:56 PM
:) Hi! You were so helpful with my sloped seat questions. I really appreciate it. I saw from some archive research that you own a Chicco 2002. I am also looking into that stroller.

I found it here:
http://www.indoorsandoutdoors.com/chic20delstr.html

But I'm a little perplexed because I read that the 2002 and the LX are two different models, but this one says it's a Chicco 2002 LX Deluxe.

My main question, or problem, is that it looks like this one does not come with a napper bar. (but it also looks like it doesn't come with a basket, but it DOES). So, do you think this one comes with a napper bar? Is this a good price? Is this the 2002 or the Deluxe LX?

Thanks so much!
Jen and Nic (8/12/02)
http://www.braico.com/nic/nicphotos.htm

egoldber
02-18-2003, 09:13 PM
To be honest, I have never tried to keep the different models straight. This one is pretty similar to mine. I think that mine is older than this one, since I don't have the see through canopy. There are some models called the "Trekking" and I think these come with rain canopies, but I don't have that.

Mine defintely has a napper bar, but I would call or e-mail them to make sure that it does. The bar is removable, so this one probably just has it removed.

And that seems like a really good price. Mine was around $80, but it was a floor model at BRU and came without a box or a manual.

HTH,

Momof3Labs
02-18-2003, 11:04 PM
Jen,

Here's another good deal on a Chicco 2002 - this looks exactly like the one that I just bought (that was labeled a lx/trekking model - go figure).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2308530162&category=2989

egoldber
02-18-2003, 11:09 PM
Hmm. That one says it's a Chicco Fly, which is more like a Mac ripoff. (But is also a nice stroller.)

hardysmom
02-18-2003, 11:14 PM
I was reccently pouring over all of the Chicco '02s...

They all have bars-- I saw that one at indoorsandoutdoors also. I think it is a weirdo. And cheap.

All the 2002 models (LX, Training, Deluxe, Fly) are the "good" ones with small differences. The important thing is that it says 2002 in the name which means it has 360 degree handles, and the 3 position suspension, great steering... Trekkings (which are 2001s) are like the 2002's b/c they have the same nubby wheels as the 2002 training. People seem to like them as well. It is the later models (Ponee, later Flys) which are actually a different line...

The best price for a "normal" new 2002 I found was at

www.babyuniverse.com

Good luck. I hope this helps.

charigot
02-18-2003, 11:26 PM
Thanks all. I really appreciate it. Hardysmom...what do you mean by "weirdo"? Do you mean you don't think it's an authentic Chicco 2002? I could understand that.

Lori, thanks for the link. I'll keep my eye on it.

Have a good night! Jen

VickiH
02-18-2003, 11:57 PM
I bought the same stroller from the same seller - shee seems to have an endless supply. Not sure about the "fly" on the box, but I did tons of research before I bought it and it seems to be the 2002 in denim. I used mine for the first time this past weekend and I love it! Very cushy and steers great, sturdy, weighs about 15 lbs. Just be careful, cause mine smelled a little musty. I had to wash the cushion before I could use it. Definitely worth the $55 I paid for it.

HTH

charigot
02-19-2003, 08:54 AM
Thanks Vicki! Great to know that you love the stroller. It sounds like a great deal. Thanks again.
Jen

lukkykatt
02-19-2003, 08:57 AM
I was looking at this stroller too. The one thing that concerned me about it is the 33 lb. weight limit. That seemed a little low. Is anyone using this stroller with a toddler? I would primarily be using this for DS #2 who is 8 months, but need something that DS #1 (who weighs 32 lbs) can hop into from time to time. Will this work?

Thanks!

charigot
02-19-2003, 03:18 PM
Another consideration I have to ask...do the handles on this adjust heightwise? That's a feature i like on the Pliko, and it's rather important because we are tall. I know Combis are not for tall parents, but what about Chicco?

Thanks!

charigot
02-19-2003, 03:21 PM
Hi! I found it here for $99 also, but it's currently out of stock.
http://makeashorterlink.com/?U23621783