PDA

View Full Version : More stroller advice needed....

sweetbasil
02-19-2003, 01:01 PM
We only have a Graco travel system, graco lite stroller, and a swivel-front wheel jogging stroller. So what do you seasoned stroller owners recommend I add to my collection to prepare for baby #2?

I'm mostly thinking- would Kellen even SIT in a double stroller, or should I get a little buddy-riding bar thing that attaches to the back of the stroller? My friend has some sort of Perego (I think), with a riding bar on the back- her baby is 18 mo. and sits in the seat, so Kellen rides and LOVES that.

And how about a double jogging stroller? I really like the front swivel wheel, because I'm just not coordinated enough to lift up the front part every time I make a turn. We got it with that feature so I could rollerblade while pushing DS in the stroller...only to break my ankle a month later. No more rollerblading for me (especially with all these screws and a plate in that ankle. if snowboots hurt, I can't imagine rollerblades feeling any better!) Sorry for the tangent, there! Do those of you with fixed front wheels find the corner maneuvering issue to be a problem at all?

I posted this in the "how many strollers" confessional thread- probably not the best place, so am moving it now to hopefully get some help :)

Thanks in advance,

Tondi G
02-19-2003, 02:09 PM
There is one swivel front wheel jogger type double stroller out there and that is the Mountain Buggy Urban Double! Check mountainbuggyusa.com for details! A lot of folks around here are buying this one as their one and only double since it is relatively compact and with the swivel wheel in front does fine indoors as well and out (you can also lock the front wheel so it is like a standard jogger as well!)! The price tag is high but a lot of people say it is worth it for the quality and especially if you are only buying this one double!

The Peg Perego is the Pliko-matic... it has a rear foot board that older toddlers can ride on.... only thing is when you infant is little and needs to be reclined he won't be able to use this feature! There is also something called a buggy board that attatches to many single strollers and enables a toddler to ride.... imagine a small skateboard connected to the back of your single stroller!

Good Luck!
~Tondi

sweetbasil
02-19-2003, 02:32 PM
Thanks, Tondi. So can a stroller recline with a buggy board on the back?

Can I move it from one stroller to another as baby's needs change?

What do you think (from your experience) my chances are of getting both kids to ride in a double jogger? I wonder how much longer Kellen will put up with that- he won't ride in any other strollers (he says he's too big), and just ends up walking along with us (as we push his *empty* stroller)!