PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide...Zippy color choices!!

1derbaby
02-19-2003, 02:33 PM
Hi MTB's...

For those of you who are contemplating buying-or have already bought-the Zippy, what color did you think was most practical? I really like the Sugar and the Cookie, but although the color is unique, I'm thinking the Sugar is too trendy, and that it may show dirt easier. The Cookie is nice, but it seems that every stroller out there has navy, tan or red in it. And I hear spit up shows more on darker fabrics. I already bought the Sugar from the Right Start, but that's the only color they carry. I was thinking of taking it back and ordering the Cookie on line. Thank you for any opinions!! I'm a first time mom, and I don't really know what to expect.

Andrea

nohomama
02-19-2003, 04:16 PM
I have the Cookie and bought it when my daughter was a year old (she's now just about eighteen months). I haven't had problems with dirt anywhere but on the basket. It's low to the ground and gets spattered with muck in the sloppy Northeast winters. Both the basket and the seat fabric are removable and washable if it were a problem though. As for spit up, in principal you're correct. On darker fabrics it IS more obvious. However, the stroller we use most, and have used since Lola was about 5 months old, is black and it was never a problem. Also, I live in Northampton, MA, a pretty trendy little town, and haven't seen either another Zippy (mostly Macs and Pegs) nor another stroller with a similar color scheme.

HTH,

cvharris
02-19-2003, 07:57 PM
I bought the Sugar. I like the fact that it doesn't look like most of the other navy strollers out there. Another thing you might want to know is that the new Zippys out now do not have the raincover on the hood - which I thought was an awesome feature. If you decide to get a Cookie and still want the raincover, I would check with the retailer before buying one.

One thing I was thinking of with the Sugar, is which infant car seat am I going to get to go into it? (Vain, I know) I think I'm going to get the Elephant Evenflo Portabout car seat from BRU - it's been recommended on the boards as being lightweight and having the higher height limit. I haven't put the two next to each other, but I think it would look best. It has a navy frame but the fabric is a grayish green.

Momof3Labs
02-19-2003, 08:08 PM
Oooh - I don't know. I like both the Sugar and the Cookie, but I really like the touch of red on the Cookie! It is such a personal choice!

cimberdog
02-28-2003, 09:41 AM
I loved the sugar color but dh wasn't crazy about it so we got the Cookie. I really like it too. It's nice with the red on it. And the 2002 models have the built in rain cover which is really nice.

ddmarsh
02-28-2003, 05:37 PM
I bought the navy plaid, but I'm very much a navy person! It looks very nice IRL though, a bit different than straight navy but still in keeping with my conservative tastes :).

Debbie

sbirmantaz
02-28-2003, 07:36 PM
I have the cookie because I love the red in it. It is a classic looking stroller.